is it true about the gas

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 with EagleEye.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, about these histoplasmosis particles supposedly floating around in a cave, wouldn't you need to wear a full face mask to cover your eyes as well?

kb4iqm

Mar 26, 2011
Southeastern Tennessee
Histoplasmosis is typically spread into the air by disturbing bat or bird waste. I used to have to get tested regularly.

I'm not trying to start up this debate again but as far as a "gas" emitted by gold and silver, there is some scientific truth to this. The "gas" is in the state of monoatomic positive ions of gold or silver. These can be detected by NMR and can be noticed by smell if the concentration is high enough. In pure form, these ionic monoatoms are not toxic, quite the opposite, and can actually be absorbed by the lungs if inhaled. Where I would be concerned would be where there are large amounts of other heavy metals that ARE toxic, that are stored in the same confined space. Or if chlorine is present in some form, as gold chloride is a neurotoxin and can cause peripheral neuropathy. Or a number of other compounds that can bind with ionic gold or silver to produce toxic byproducts. But let's get back to pure gold or silver exposed to air or water.

The amount is so very tiny, but can become highly concentrated when a lot of this metal is contained in an enclosed space. The more gold or silver that is exposed to this air or water, the greater the concentration. Monoatoms of gold or silver on the surface of these solid metals will ionize, very very slowly eroding the metal as these positive ions disperse into the air or water in contact with it. It occurs so slowly that it is not noticed. If the ionic content gets concentrated enough and there are enough free electrons available in a nearby substrate, tiny crystals of gold or silver can form and grow. This was discovered in gold storage locations such as the US Bullion Repository at Fort Knox. Gold crystals were found to be forming on and in the pores of surfaces in close proximity to large caches of gold. So don't be so quick to just dismiss such claims as false. Perform due dilligence, as even correctly worded Google searches can turn up both official and unofficial accounts of these occurances.

My own information is garnered from personal experience. I have collected positive ions of gold from air, water, and soil samples, and grown crystals of gold and other precious metals from them. I have also extracted gold and other elements from seawater using the same technology. It's a very slow and tedious process, but it is very real and occurs in nature if one knows what to look for. These ionic PMG's can form visible deposits on certain rocks in the deserts.

I worked with NMR of monoatomic materials of PMG (Platinum Metal Group) origin in some of the research that I performed for Uncle Sam many decades ago. There are ongoing exotic applications for these materials that are classified. A couple of my advanced alternative energy technologies make use of some of these materials.

Bob

Daniel Montes

Tenderfoot
Jan 9, 2006
TreasureTales said:
As far as lights are concerned, there was an old thread about methane gas and static electricity being seen at cache locations. The guy's screen name was/is Daniel Montes, Jr. According to him, locals in Mexico have seen blue or green light eminating from areas in which caches were found. Decaying material could create methane gas and static electricity could ignite it I suppose. So it's not the gold and silver per se that cause the lights, but the decaying waste material that does. Methane gas in a confined area will kill.

This is Daniel. I was doing some reading (on silver or hydrogen sulphide detectors)on the site and another member quoted me from way back. The stories about lights at night continue. Have yet to locate my first cache, but have since purchased a Garrett Seahunter II (for shallow water beach searches)'and an old model Garrett Treasure Hound for searching properties. I have since did find my first gold ring on the sand in Nov 2009 (pto escondido). Now, I have been getting alot of requests from land owners. I went ahead and went for it. Got a Mala GPR on an offroad cart with a 500mhz antenna good to 9ft. We are not messing around now. Next flight july 9th, 2011 for a week. I will report any finds on the run. Thankyou. Daniel Montes.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good morning Daniel. You posted --> Next flight july 9th, 2011 for a week. I will report any finds on the run. Thankyou. Daniel Montes.
I am going to hold you to that, win or lose my friend. jejejejjej

Don jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread