What's new

Is there a market for this

mark1431johnson

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 14, 2012
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Stone axe head found in Maine

image-1277676485.webp



image-1241109420.webp
 
Upvote 0
Put it on Ebay.
 
What is it made out of?
 
If you would like to sell it invest a little in getting authentication papers and you will get a better return.
 
Personally I wouldn't mess with eBay.
 
eBay isn't a place that I would go to buy or sell. I don't sell anything anyway.
 
Man! As hard as I worked to find an axe like that, to think you want to sell it. Come on! Of course their is a market, if not sites like this would not exist. I understand, this stuff is not as valuable to others as it is to me, but you stumbled on to a fine piece of pre-history. Not another just like it in the world. Why not keep it and pass it on?
 
One more thing. I hate to even say this but, I think $500.00 is about tops for it. In another thousand years it will probably double. Personally, I'd keep it until then! Money is what causes so many people to have to secretly hunt artifacts. I wish the two never met.
 
That last reply was spot on!
 
Please don't sell it. Something like that should stay with your family and be a story to tell. Mine is a center piece in my living room and one of my proudest finds. Couldnt imagine some one besides my kids ever owning it.
 
Do with it as you wish but the market is down rite now on artifacts. Wait a couple of yrs and maybe get more for it. Although yours looks like a very nice one. Probably 400 to 500 for that one. 2 yrs from now if the market turns back around 800. Your choice
 
If it is real and can be documented it may have some value. Tons of fakes out there that even get papered.
 
GatorBoy said:
That last reply was spot on!

Thanks Gator! I didn't even have to work on that speech! Just jumped on my soap box, and off I went.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom