It clicked

Jul 11, 2017
LAKE CITY, FL
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning, I went to a city park that I have stayed away because of the element that hangs there most of the time. Well, no one but me was there. I went to the metal bleachers where many sit to watch the basketball games played. I had to use my pinpointer and I hit paydirt. I took in 75 cents. not bad it got exciting, I noticed that I could tell what the sound of each was. I knew the tone for 25 cents, 10 cents, 5 cents and 1 cent. I knew exactly how to set the ground balance and elimination. This was more exciting because I am starting to learn how to use my MD. I knew pop tops and tabs. So I went to another spot and whined up with 2.49 cent; 1-1964 penny. I found a mailbox key that I am going to turn in. I found also a trinklet smiley face. I am now heading back out to enjoy my time. It starting to click.:metaldetector:

Last edited:
This morning, I went to a city park that I have stayed away because of the element that hangs there most of the time. Well, no one but me was there. I went to the metal bleachers where many sit to watch the basketball games played. I had to use my pinpointer and I hit paydirt. I took in 75 cents. not bad it got exciting, I noticed that I could tell what the sound of each was. I knew the tone for 25 cents, 10 cents, 5 cents and 1 cent. I knew exactly how to set the ground balance and elimination. This was more exciting because I am starting to learn how to use my MD. I knew pop tops and tabs. So I went to another spot and whined up with 2.49 cent; 1-1964 penny. I found a mailbox key that I am going to turn in. I found also a trinklet smiley face. I am now heading back out to enjoy my time. It starting to click.:metaldetector:

once it clicks you will really pick up the pace! keep at it

Great job! I do believe this is an ideal set up for beginners because there is sure to be a lot of coinage and a lot of common junk, but just enough coinage to learn what to listen for and motivate the budding detectorist.

As you understand the equipment your finds and "fun" level will increase exponentially! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back