What's new

It was a REALE nice day...Twice!

dirtdigger1581

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2011
Messages
591
Reaction score
270
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well after the rain subsided here in SE Virginia I decided to take the E-trac out to sniff out a few treasures. It didn't take me long to locate it once I got out of the truck either. The first signal I came across was a shaky 12-34/12-35 that dipped into the ferrous range often. But it was good enough that I wanted to check it out still. About six inches down and in the first hole I dug for the day laid this nice little Spanish Cob. I think it's a 1 Reale cob, but I'm hoping to get some help IDing it. Not a bad way to start out the hunt. Walked around for about 1.5 hours and didn't come up with much else until I got back to the car. The last signal I found was about five feet from my passenger door and down deep. The E-trac could barely pick it up. It rang in at 01-38, fairly steady, but wouldn't register on each pass. Decided to dig down to see if the signal got any stronger. As I got down closer to it I used the sunray probe and located it about 9 inches down. Out of the hole popped another severely worn Reale. I can see the date of 172_. Might be '25 or '26. King Charles III. I think this is a half reale based on the size 17mm.

So the day started off hot and ended hot. Can't think of a better way to plan a hunt.

If anyone wants to help ID the Cob I've posted it in the Cob room as well. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Happy hunting everyone!

-Nate
 

Attachments

  • 02-05-12cob.webp
    02-05-12cob.webp
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,383
  • 02-05-12Reales.webp
    02-05-12Reales.webp
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,321
  • 02-05-12cob.webp
    02-05-12cob.webp
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,370
Upvote 0
{Sentinel} said:
Congratulations Mate, I can still remember the very first cob I dug several years ago. Digging the silver is always nice, congratulations on the double header!

Yeah man....It was a good hunt. Started strong and ended strong. I like days like that!
 
Looks like a '93' congrats :blob7:
 
CRUSADER said:
Looks like a '93' congrats :blob7:

Thanks CRUSADER. I thought '93 as well. It's a keeper.
 
Great cob :o just as nice as the one up top :headbang: like the story that goes with finding that Spanish piece :laughing7: 8) 8)
 
CMDiamonddawg said:
Great cob :o just as nice as the one up top :headbang: like the story that goes with finding that Spanish piece :laughing7: 8) 8)

I appreciate that! Thanks! :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom