Item found recently

RelicGuy

May 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this item recently. It is Silver and is about the size of a US 1/2 Dollar except it's Oval. It was found near a Old Cabin or Dwelling of some sort,just some square nails and a few bricks from a Chimney were all that were left. Also found nearby was a 1777 Spanish Reale. Also a 1835 Large Cent! There had been a Indian Village located about 1/2 -1 mile from this that dated from 1776to 1835 or so. Anybody got any ideas? It is an Indian with a Bow and a Quiver of Arrows on his back. The 2 holes at the bottom appear to have been punched in later. The hole in the center may have been done by heat. There is no makers mark on it or any fasteners.

Attachments

• CIMG0682.JPG
    CIMG0682.JPG
    432.3 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

RelicGuy

May 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help Mark! I'm gonna check the link you gave me now! yes I was pretty Happy to have found it! I thought it was Very Old I just wasn't sure what it was! Your idea seems logical! Thanks again!

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great find! :thumbsup:

So far, that's 5 that I know about now.

There's the three I mentioned in that other thread, yours, and this one.........

P1110343.JPG

P1110340.JPG P1110339.JPG

The pages were too long for my camera, so I hope the text can be read.

This article, well worth the read, can be found in "The Museum of the Fur Trade Quarterly, Vol.21, No.1"

I would really work the area you found it at!

Cheers,
Dave.

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this item recently. It is Silver and is about the size of a US 1/2 Dollar except it's Oval. It was found near a Old Cabin or Dwelling of some sort,just some square nails and a few bricks from a Chimney were all that were left. Also found nearby was a 1777 Spanish Reale. Also a 1835 Large Cent! There had been a Indian Village located about 1/2 -1 mile from this that dated from 1776to 1835 or so. Anybody got any ideas? It is an Indian with a Bow and a Quiver of Arrows on his back. The 2 holes at the bottom appear to have been punched in later. The hole in the center may have been done by heat. There is no makers mark on it or any fasteners.

Muddyhanz picture looks just like it ...awesome find !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread