What's new

Its been a while but heres my 2 cents!!!!

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2008
Messages
1,063
Reaction score
420
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a while but here's my 2 cents!!!!

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is well, I have not posted in quite some but couldn't resist getting out with the weather we've been having here in southern Michigan! What an awesome day out my girlfriend and I had! We went to a piece of property her father owns where a house trailer now sits but the 1872 map I have access to shows a homesite there. The proof was in the ground! We didn't have long but will be returning.

The buckle was the first find which got me really excited it's small and not sure what kind of buckle it is but I have never found one with the guts still in! It has some fancy on it as well. The next thing that popped up was my girlfriends find she pulled the harmonica reed then the bigger spoon bowl. We had a pizza on the way and decided before we called it a night to try the other side of the driveway. First signal I got didn't seem very deep I cut and flipped the plug, hmm still in the plug (only about a 3 inch plug) I brush some dirt and tell my girlfriend I think I have a token, since I have never seen a coin this size. Pick it up wipe some dirt and saw a big ole 2!!! I went crazy! Wipe the other side 1866! What an amazing feeling, and another check off the bucket list!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458408353.783158.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458408380.700524.webp

She had popped a plug at this point and we went to check her signal and out comes what is the only 3 ringer I have ever held. Found in southern Michigan appears to be a dropped bullet what an awesome day! We will be returning to this site numerous times as we have barely covered any of the ground!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458408431.034493.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458408442.369320.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458408453.690002.webp

Hope everyone is doing well and I should be back to posting on the regular very soon!!! Best of luck everyone and happy hunting!
 
Upvote 34
Very nice finds. I really like those two centers very pretty coin
 
Love the 2 Cent coin - great condition. Michigan soil has been kind to that one!!
 
Good Finds Colt!, Those 2 centers are Sweet to find. I like the small buckle you found too.
 
Good Finds Colt!, Those 2 centers are Sweet to find. I like the small buckle you found too.

Thanks nova! Glad to be back at it! Good to see you are still on treasurenet as well. I remember chatting with you around 2009ish when I got my first detector I took quite a break until last summer really, feels good to be digging again!
 
Congrats on the 2 center
 
Great story and congratulations on the coin and relics. You're lucky to have that mostly unspoiled historic spot at your disposal, and a companion who enjoys the hobby with you. Thanks for posting and welcome back.
 
Great 2-center! I've found most U.S. Coins at this point but a 2c eludes me. I'm so friggin jealous!! Lol

Great find and the condition is great

Steve
 
Congrats on digging you 1st 2 Cent :occasion14: I bet you're going back there soon,
 
Congrats on digging you 1st 2 Cent :occasion14: I bet you're going back there soon,

Thank you, and for sure! We have a lot of ground to cover, there has to be more! Well hopefully lol
 
Great green patina on that 2-center, and the minnie ain't too shabby either.
Go back, go back, go back!
Kudos,
Carl
 
Congrats on the 2 center. One of my favorite coins! I've been lucky to find two and they were both in amazing shape and a joy to clean given that they are bronze like an IHP. First coin to have the motto "In God we Trust" on it. WTG!
 
The 2 center is on my bucket list. Good job
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom