What's new

✅ SOLVED Its pottery but what is it?

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea so please tell. Small chip on one side. The first pic has a good design on it but the last 4 pics is the item in question.
 

Attachments

  • 100_4191.webp
    100_4191.webp
    161.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_4195.webp
    100_4195.webp
    173.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_4196.webp
    100_4196.webp
    200.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 100_4197.webp
    100_4197.webp
    111.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_4198.webp
    100_4198.webp
    119.2 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 0
kinda looks like it was a face,thanks for sharing rock
 
Did it come from a stream? Looks like a side lug that broke out.
 
Did it come from a stream? Looks like a side lug that broke out.

Side lug what is that? Its native american pottery I do know that.
 
He means like a handle..
Either that or the bottom of a pot.
That little knobby part makes more sence as a lug.
There is a finger impression in this piece.

ForumRunner_20130923_074303.webp



ForumRunner_20130923_074554.webp

Here is the bottom of a round bottom pot.

ForumRunner_20130923_075108.webp


ForumRunner_20130923_075439.webp
 
Thanks GB on the answer. I have 3 of them but this is the nicest one as far as design. It doesnt look to be a base of a bowl so Id say its a handle. Its not broken at the top section so I thought it might be a small pot of sorts. Thanks, rock
 
maybe trying to say some type of handle?....but i am just guessing?

Yes I do believe that was it. You know me just say handle, lol.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom