Its real small............is it rare?

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
It's real small............is it rare?

Had about an hour to hunt tonight before dark so I went to one of my local defunct ball field/picnic groves. I had lost hope for this field earlier this year because the finds had dried up but it's one of the few fields in my area that is not used for baseball, football, soccer or any other sport so I know it's always available to hunt. Last week I found a 1957 silver Rosie one night and on another night I found a three nickel spill that included a 1914 Buff, a 1915 Buff and a 1905 V nickel.

Tonight I found one whole memorial penny before the Etrac gave me a consistent 12-09 from two directions and I thought what the heck...what's one more pull tab for the night. Instead of pull tab I found this tiny religious medallion. A quick internet search told me this is the symbol of a religious congregation known as the Passionists. The reason I ask if it's a rare find is the following quote I found in Wiki:

"There are 2,179 Passionists in 59 countries on the five continents, led by a superior general who is elected every six years."

Here's the little medallion:
Seiberts 73012.jpg

Here's it is with a Buffalo nickel for size comparison:
Seiberts 73012 2.jpg

Was wondering if anyone else ever found this piece?

HH

Dave

Upvote 0
Nice looking medallion. I've never seen one like this.

Anita

Nice find. Glad to see you are getting out. Soorry, but I have never heard of the Passionists. What ever happened to that coil?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back