What's new

jaw?

unclemac

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
8,049
Reaction score
9,282
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
For the life of me these look like teeth in a jaw but the rock seems undeniably volcanic...cooled lava. Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • DSC01465.webp
    DSC01465.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC01468.webp
    DSC01468.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC01469.webp
    DSC01469.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 133
I'm thinking sawfish
 
Definitely looks like a part of a jaw to some thing. It's pretty cool.
 
here is the latest from the experts at the museum....I will keep you posted after I take it in.

[FONT=&quot]This one has completely defeated us! We would really need to see this specimen itself because nothing looks familiar and I have a feeling it is not just a volcanic rock. By the way, I wanted to comment on your great photos. I usually get pretty bad photos, too small, out of focus an without anything for scale. Yours are so good![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you are in Seattle – or visiting – come by the museum and bring this specimen and maybe we can figure something out about it.


[/FONT]
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom