Jesse James Treasure

pegleglooker said:
The thing that was the most compelling to me was Jesse M James, and his " possibility " of being the REAL James... Anyone have any info on this ???

PLL

I don't have any specific info to share ... other than to say "I was blown away by the similarity of the photo comparison between young Jesse and the older J. W. James, and that it's pretty compelling evidence that can't help but make you wonder."

Also, Jesse's middle name was "Woodson" ... Thus ... J. W. James ???

Attachments

• Jesse James Tombstone.jpg
    Jesse James Tombstone.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 3,091
Yes I knew that the REAL Jesse's middle name was Woodson, but I agree that the similarities with Jesse M were a bit unnerving...

PLL

pegleglooker said:
Yes I knew that the REAL Jesse's middle name was Woodson, but I agree that the similarities with Jesse M were a bit unnerving...

PLL

This is Jesse James ... Age 17 ... Taken in 1864

Attachments

• Young Jesse James.jpg
    Young Jesse James.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 11,927
pegleglooker said:

PLL

That guys name (alias) was Jerry M. James, at least thats what it said on his grave stone. I thought I heard them refer to him as "Jeremiah" once also. When they were interviewing his decendants they all refered to him as "J.M." The family resemblance was pretty eerie too.

Charlie

I wonder what this collection of Jesse James' guns and boots are worth today ??? $$$

How would you like to be digging around and find something like this ???

Handwriting on bottom reads :

May 4th 1923
To
H H Crittenden < thanks to Charlie's keen eyes.

These are authorative pictures
with my compliments
Jesse James Jr.

Attachments

• Jesse James Guns and Boots.jpg
    Jesse James Guns and Boots.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 4,142
SODABOTTLEBOB said:
I wonder what this collection of Jesse James' guns and boots are worth today ??? $$$

How would you like to be digging around and find something like this ???

Where does it say that display is located?

I believe the name/signature at the bottom left is "H.H. Crittenden", son of Thomas T. Crittenden who was the Governer of Missouri (1881-1885) at the time of Jesse James death.

Charlie

If my research proves correct, the Jesse James gun collection (or at least part of it) is now located in the James Farm Museum in Kearney, Missouri. Located 25 miles northeast of Kansas City, Missouri on Interstate 35. ( Notice that the display case is a steel "vault!")

Also, The gun and holster set used by Robert Ford to (supposedly) kill Jesse James was last auctioned in California in 2003 and sold for ... $350,000.00
(It's current location is unknown ... at least to me!)

Attachments

• Jesse James Museum items..jpg
    Jesse James Museum items..jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 2,481
  • Map To Jesse James Museum.gif
    Map To Jesse James Museum.gif
    16.6 KB · Views: 3,822
The Discovery Channel did a one hour show on the Kansas James family a few years back. They are the ones that paid for the exhumation and DNA testing of Jeremiah James. The DNA was conclusive that he was not Jesse James and there isn't any "chain of eveidence" problem as stated on the show. I do however believe that this James family is related to Jesse and Frank James. Their evidence, most of which was not televised is pretty compelling.

I don't know, you can make an argument for just about anything....the show was well done....I would love to find the stuff they did.

Those guys are good researchers, but from what I saw not much for boots on the ground. The hokey part when they found the gold bar really had me wondering about them. Did they really think someone would hide a bar of brass down in a tree? And their lack of excitement on any of their finds seemed odd. Also their treatment of the artifacts (coins, jars, gold) was amateurish.

And how many TH'ers do you know of that would not dig a target when they got a signal where treasure was supposed to be buried?

The whole thing looked staged for the cameras and not a very good job at that either.
At the end where they said they needed a bigger backhoe to dig a little deeper, made me think they were stalling to create suspense to have another show with more airtime. Maybe they will get Geraldo for the opening of the supposed vault. :laughing7:

Either these guys know a lot more than they are telling or they are scamming the History Channel for a payday.
All in all though it was a good show and it kept me watching and I will watch it again when it returns for the rest of the story.

GG~

* I found out it was taped in August so I doubt it was too cold to dig like the excuse they used.

You know, one of the things that I have been wondering is while everyone is concentrating on Jesse ( or Jeremiah )..... What about Frank ? How well did he do after Jesse's death ? Was he being paid ? Was he a sentinel ? and if Jesse buried ALL this gold.... Wasn't he with him ? and wouldn't he also know where it all was ? Did he uncover it ? or simply tell the KGB where it all was and drew maps for them????

PLL

Let's back up to the gold bar buried under the tree part. There was one post earlier that said the tree would have been a twig one hundred years ago. Does anyone recognize the type of tree it was, and who can substantiate how old it was? If in fact it was a variety that could only have grown to that size, say, in eighty years, then in my opinion this would shed a whole new light on the gold bar being "buried" under a tree that wasn't even there at the time, and suggest to me that it most definitely was "planted!"

Maybe when the episode airs again this coming Saturday evening (as well as on the 24th again) some tree expert among us can answer this question more intelligently!

SODABOTTLEBOB said:
Let's back up to the gold bar buried under the tree part. There was one post earlier that said the tree would have been a twig one hundred years ago. Does anyone recognize the type of tree it was, and who can substantiate how old it was? If in fact it was a variety that could only have grown to that size, say, in eighty years, then in my opinion this would shed a whole new light on the gold bar being "buried" under a tree that wasn't even there at the time, and suggest to me that it most definitely was "planted!"

Maybe when the episode airs again this coming Saturday evening (as well as on the 24th again) some tree expert among us can answer this question more intelligently!

Gotta have a DVR that way you can record it and play it back anytime....

PLL

I have a recorder ... but the problem with the tree deal is I don't know a Cottonwood from a Sycamore tree. (Actually, I do) But I definitely don't know size vs age, and was hoping some tree guy would like to make my day! If he says that tree can't be more than 100 years old (1909) then I'm going to write the History Channel a very stern letter!

Sure, sure ... the bar could have been buried in the 1920's or later, but that would sure blow a hole in the whole Jesse James connection! :dontknow:

SODABOTTLEBOB said:
I have a recorder ... but the problem with the tree deal is I don't know a Cottonwood from a Sycamore tree. (Actually, I do) But I definitely don't know size vs age, and was hoping some tree guy would like to make my day! If he says that tree can't be more than 100 years old (1909) then I'm going to write the History Channel a very stern letter!

Sure, sure ... the bar could have been buried in the 1920's, but that would sure blow a hole in the whole Jesse James theory! :dontknow:

Why couldn't the bar have been buried with no tree there? I'm not saying the bar wasn't a hoax, but a tree seed could have fallen there at anytime and started growing.

I thought about that too. And it very well could have been the case. But my stand is that just about everything pertaining to the program hinges on a huge mountain of assumptions. For example: Why didn't the narrators suggest that the tree might not have been there at the time? After all, aren't they supposed to be "experts?" But no, they purposely led us to believe it was stolen from a passing stage and buried under that particular tree by none other than the notorious James gang! I believe they are not only planting hoaxes, but planting ideas in our heads so we buy into their shanagins!

SODABOTTLEBOB said:
I thought about that too. And it could very well have been the case. But my whole stand is that just about everything pertaining to the program hinges on a mountain of assumptions. For example: Why didn't the narrators suggest that the tree might not have been there at the time? After all, aren't they supposed to be "experts" in their field? But no, they purposely led us to believe it was stolen from a passing stage and buried under that particular tree by none other than the notorious James gang! I believe they are not only planting hoaxes, but planting ideas in our heads so we buy into their shanagins!

I'm with you.

Maybe.....Just maybe, they did find it in another location, and didn't want anyone to know the EXACT spot where they found it. Maybe the History Channel was in on hiding the REAL location.....

PLL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back