Jesuit trade ring 1675-1715 and an early 17th century buckle.

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi again,

Since I didn't have the chance to post this find on Treasurenet I will do it right now. Some members from the CMD forum will recognize it as I have found it a few weeks ago in Quebec,Canada. Just wanted to share it with you as it was my best find to date before the French coin spill.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and the comments. And thanks to members who invited me here especially Iron Patch.

Attachments

• Ring 1.JPG
    Ring 1.JPG
    761.1 KB · Views: 236
  • Ring 2.JPG
    Ring 2.JPG
    739.2 KB · Views: 248
  • Buckle 1.JPG
    Buckle 1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 195
  • Buckle 2.JPG
    Buckle 2.JPG
    594.1 KB · Views: 180
Upvote 18
You're sure having am excellent year! You could call it quits right now and call it a great success for both coins and relics.

You're sure having am excellent year! You could call it quits right now and call it a great success for both coins and relics.

Hahaha... Hopefully not yet. Thanks man!

Wow, these are quite interesting finds! And you've done a great restoration job. Thanks for sharing!

Wow, these are quite interesting finds! And you've done a great restoration job. Thanks for sharing!

Thank You. Took me many hours! But I have to say the ring was already in a great shape, mostly worked on the buckle.

Thank You. Took me many hours! But I have to say the ring was already in a great shape, mostly worked on the buckle.

Ok...back where you came from...you're making us other Canucks look bad!

Those are two superb colonial relics!

Both great finds!

Without research, I'm thinking the buckle is more like 1690-1720?

Last edited:
Nice finds!! that ring looks amazing

Both great finds!

Without research, I'm thinking the buckle is more like 1690-1720?

Your absolutely right. My mistake they date probably from the same period. So yes late 17th early 18th. Thanks.

Beautiful buckle and ring. Great restoration. I love the tone on the ring and the details on the complete buckle.

Beautiful buckle and ring. Great restoration. I love the tone on the ring and the details on the complete buckle.

Thank you. The conservation state is great I agree.

Very, very nice -- I'm very fond of rings and that there is a beauty! Very well done mate! :occasion14:

Awesome history. You are in a niche of finds and history, that few people will ever be able to attain to that caliber of finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back