tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just picked up 3 anti nuke pin backs from the later 70s maybe early 80s in a miscellaneous bag. I thought if I list all 3 and maybe I'll get 15-20 bucks? and I may just get that from what I found in sales history?... I always look to see what went the highest in the collectibles category for future knowledge. Well son of a gun, what are the odds there'd be another JFK for congress pin back button like this one out there sitting in someone's sock drawer ??? Could this be true? Extremely RARE John F Kennedy Pin Back 1946 Congress | eBay

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I say it's extremely doubtful it sold for 50k. That seller seems to do alot of buy it now auctions with the "make an offer" option. Someone may have offered $50 and he took it. We have no way of knowing since there is no bidder listed, no date on the auction, no final selling price, and it's not showing up on his feedback. Still, you can bet I'll remember what that pin looks like and be keeping my eyes open for one.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say it's extremely doubtful it sold for 50k. That seller seems to do alot of buy it now auctions with the "make an offer" option. Someone may have offered $50 and he took it. We have no way of knowing since there is no bidder listed, no date on the auction, no final selling price, and it's not showing up on his feedback. Still, you can bet I'll remember what that pin looks like and be keeping my eyes open for one.
plus he was given a stinker f-back for a Sandy Koufax & Don Drysdale signed photo. Buyer claims no refund on a possible fake it smells like. Also see seller deals in mostly 10,20,30 dollar range, then he jumps to 50K on one item.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
When I am researching prices on ebay, I sometimes come across a recent sale that seems WAY beyond the price most people paid for the same item. It makes me wonder if some sellers attempt to convince buyers a particular item is worth a lot more by having a friend or family member "buy" the item at a wildly inflated price.

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After my find last week I've been looking at listings for the maker. $50,000 must be a magic number. At first I thought the seller must be high but in his description he said the price is ridiculous make me an offer.

Vivika Otto Heino Potttery Vase | eBay

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe people are funneling money this way.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't know what to say, but that sale was for 50k! No offers, straight buy it now! I can't imagine there's not something up, but I'd check into it.

I'd guess the seller listed crazy, and someone was just being an idiot and clicked it. I'd probably bet 50k that is the case.

PS: Do you know there's a trick to finding out an offer price, or at least a very good idea of what it sold for. Anyone smart enough to figure it out? ;)

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007