OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I may check into fedex. I guess I'll just pile a whole bunch up before I sell them.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I know. I don't care to send $50 off at a time-$50 profit that is. My plan was to ship the batteries with my other more valuable things like cpus, ram, finger cards, cell phones, etc. Now I guess I'll just plan on getting a ton of them and shipping them together and just sending them. Thanks for your comments guys!

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay. My recycling center doesn't take that plastic. I guess I'll just continue to send it to the landfill. Is there anywhere you could send it off to and break even or make a little bit?

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Ok folks questions from a scrapper. I scrap the hard drives a lot of aluminum in them but what do you do with cell phones, ereaders and the rest of the pc's. I take all the wires out and sell them for insulated scrap. Jumper cables I strip worth the trouble for that extra money. Also strip the solid wire from houses and most large appliance cords. So what about the cells and ereaders? Thanks

Edit: oh yeah and where do you sell your cell phones?

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok folks questions from a scrapper. I scrap the hard drives a lot of aluminum in them but what do you do with cell phones, ereaders and the rest of the pc's. I take all the wires out and sell them for insulated scrap. Jumper cables I strip worth the trouble for that extra money. Also strip the solid wire from houses and most large appliance cords. So what about the cells and ereaders? Thanks

Edit: oh yeah and where do you sell your cell phones?

Separate out all parts of the PC. The "money" parts are: the motherboard and all green boards, the CPU chip, the ram memory, and the hard drive green board. The rest is still money but less value in stripping it all apart so I just throw the different components in buckets. Scrap yard the case, power supply, and wires.

Cell phones I just dump the old broken ones in a big bucket. I have never had enough to sell so they are still collecting at this time.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell your cell phones on eBay, or research a place like boardsort.com that buys them. Right now without batteries, cell phones should be bringing $5.25 a pound. You have to pay shipping though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread