Just about to call it quits for the day. 1855 Seated Half !

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today a fellow Tnet member and I hit up a few of my local sites. Site 1 and 2 there were no good finds to speak of. Then we went to site 3, also not much worth mentioning. Then just about quitting time I dug this 1855 O Half! Yeah! :laughing7: Finds from site #3. 018.JPG Some broken clay pipe surface finds and the half. 019.JPG 020.JPG 021.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 35
Great find! Still waiting to dig a seated half.

That's a real nice one. Its on my bucket list. I got dimes and quarters but not the half yet.

Yeah, Wow thanks for all the replies and likes. I do appreciate it.. For me metal detecting is not as enjoyable unless the history is shared and enjoyed. HH!

Now that's what I call an exit find!!!

Very nice coin. Congratulations

Now that's what I call an exit find!!!

We still have a good 2 weeks left before the ground frezzes. You are right... Heck that could of been 50 LC's.... HH!

We still have a good 2 weeks left before the ground frezzes. You are right... Heck that could of been 50 LC's.... HH!

I didn't mean exit for the year, I meant exit find for that day, lol but only 2 weeks left huh? I'm hoping for at least another month here

Man, I got a long way to go, but that beauty gives me the drive to keep swinging. Congrats!

I didn't mean exit for the year, I meant exit find for that day, lol but only 2 weeks left huh? I'm hoping for at least another month here

Ohh. lol.. Well two weeks to be on the very conservative side. My neck of the woods the Northern Ill. area conditions are very similar to yours. Ground on average frezzes end of Nov. ,, at least around me.

Really nice congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back