What's new

Just digging trash was fun, a big coin popping up was....funner!

digger27

Bronze Member
Joined
May 18, 2011
Messages
1,509
Reaction score
3,226
Golden Thread
0
After two months of the worst drought my state has ever seen I had pretty much been staying away from the hobby because chopping is not my thing...digging is much better and way less frustrating.
We finally got rain in the last week or so and it is finally back to normal.
You just take even simple things for granted until they are gone....digging included.

I have been out a few times at my neighborhood park but yesterday I had a chance to hunt another old one a little further away for a nice hunt and the change of scenery was wonderful.
Nothing super old except a 55 wheat but even digging trash was fun.

After parking within 10 seconds of swinging going I got my first good signal and it was high, loud and solid.
A bit higher than a quarter but you know you gotta dig these types and what pops up out of the ground from about 4" is a big coin.
Not silver but who cares...it made my hunt and my day on the first target.
Love when that happens.

I'm back, and I live in the south so I should be able to make up for lost time this winter because my soil doesn't freeze and we rarely get ice or snow.

Sorry to all you northerners that are hanging it up for a few months, I went through that in Kansas and it drove me crazy but no more.
Time to hunt again!
 

Attachments

  • user10659_pic73418_1481667072_PerfectlyClear_PerfectlyClear.webp
    user10659_pic73418_1481667072_PerfectlyClear_PerfectlyClear.webp
    113 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 18

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom