hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
at 22?* i found this,looks like a mouth with a #3 in the center. adjusted.jpg

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
attachment.php

attachment.php

The bear head and v notch confirm what Dsty said. follow the ears. with the drill hole you should now have distance and direction.
Just thinking that this could also mean fast trail and slow trail and the fast trail is more dangerous. you'll just have to follow and see. That's what makes this all so fun!

Attachments

• hadji rabbit n bear.jpg
    hadji rabbit n bear.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,363
  • hadji rabbit n v notch.jpg
    hadji rabbit n v notch.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,392
OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Don't really know if what ya"ll are looking is the same thing or not, one large boulder with drill hole and a GPS ?, the large boulder ( same size ) just below the drill hole is the one I was talking about, large rabbit comlete with ears layed back to the left at the top of the boulder, nose going to the right shows an eye, nose, mouth ( directional ) bottom jaw, the drill hole and mouth both may be the same distance 189 feet if the drill hole is 4 / 4 X cirmumfurence, = ( 34.5 CM )X 2 = 189.5 feet or 69 paces. Theres someing like 7 hack marks lower and just behind the mouth. I don't have any idea how to use paint ( thanks to the DA's that changed the T net around )

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
I would like to see a larger ( more area ) photo with the colors inverted, I think it is a mouth and if there is no other information then work it deep to shallow. If There's something else in the bottom in the way of symbols then it will probably change everything. Good luck

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see a larger ( more area ) photo with the colors inverted, I think it is a mouth and if there is no other information then work it deep to shallow. If There's something else in the bottom in the way of symbols then it will probably change everything. Good luck

Here's a couple of hadj's pic slightly enlarged and color inverted.
hadji rabbit n v notch-color inverted.jpg

hadji rabbit n v notch-color inverted2.jpg

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
PLEASE someone tell me that they see a rabbit's head also, ears / eye / mouth /and can you draw a line with arrow to indicate the direction of travel as does the turtle head, the head / tail should be 30 degree's and 210 degree's

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Rick, I think that it may be the Jesuit Priest regardless if it was French or Spanish held the same values and may been they worked together somewhat, may have just wanted to throw someone off the trail, I think they were just kinda like kids in a candy store, French or Spanish or English or any other nation, consider all the different symbols and the nations they represent contributed. I think when the final whistle blows we may find that we Must think outside the box WAY OUTSIDE, do not limit yourselves and folks it will take everyone working together, Good Luck. ( it makes my head hurt ). The same symbols have been found all over the world ( drill hole just as an example ) and have the same meaning,( use metric )

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Dsty, are you saying read the rabbit like this?
attachment.php

It makes sense to me.

Attachments

• hadji rabbit mouth.jpg
    hadji rabbit mouth.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,374
OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Thank you Tinhorn, yes thats the mouth, and a good direction indicator, bottom lip, nose, eye, the ears are almost touching the other rock, its a really large rabbit.the whole boulder, According to the drill hole it should'nt be more than 200 feet in the direction of the arrow should be a symbol that takes you to a triangle layed out with rocks, may have a pie shape 40" long, 16" wide, and 20" high, may have something of interest on the bottom, get the compass degrees first, you can always turn it back over. Thanks

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The holes forming the triangle would be near your rock.
Remember that large holes 4 or more inches in diameter were used by indians to crush corn.

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
The corn crushing area's that I have seen are dish shaped and most of the time they will be larger or plate size and shallow, deep ( 10 CM ) holds too much water / dirt / and the grinding motion is a sweep / scrubbing of the hand with a egg shaped stone and corn can be seperated from the stone dust if necessary, I have seen corn crushers used as pivot points. The thought about corner markers, there may be drill hole ( originated by the Vikings modifided by the spanish and perhaps others, all have information ) / features of the markers such as a head shape, they will be portions of a cordell and they will be the degrees used by the spanish, if its anything else then its my opinion that its not spanish, SOME ONE ELSE NEEDS TO HELP WITH THIS, the spanish used 30 - 60 - 90 - 120 - 150 - 180 - 210 - 240 - 270 -300 - 330 - 360, Please help if you can. Perhaps 33 degrees and such. Thanks

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Sorry, I think the horzional hole is a anchor point, there should be another one a short distance away, the vertical hole means to measure by the foot, theres something around the top edge, perhaps a direction indicator, perhaps the shape of the hole its self, there may be something about the shape of the boulder that gives more information, anchor points seem to be on an angle 30 -- 60 degrees, much like a tent stake and the angle IDs it as such

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
My thoughts are its for sure a drill hole-- for sure its on angle --- its on a boulder that perhaps had a head shape to it -- now does it have a sharp bottom, kinda like that device you use with a colender, if it does there's another one in the area for sure, and its very possible a anchor point. The turtle shows a trail, it should point toward the north and I've seen them 30 miles long with a area of interest every 2.5 miles. The head mouth is pointing to a area of interest. I had a bad problem of running thru things and missing a lot. If its on line with anything off the turtle the distance should be 2.5 leagues or 6.25 miles

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
drill or natural?

So i was following an old, old trail through the woods when i stumbled on this one. Drill or natural? What do you think? It's about 8 wide and 3 deep.
attachment.php

This tombstone or bell looking marker was near it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• anchor drill hole.jpg
    anchor drill hole.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 1,241
  • trail marker.jpg
    trail marker.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 1,228
OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Thats a pretty good indicator that its a anchor point because of the angle, the head seems to be a rabbits head and you should find another different drill hole with in 200 feet, the angle of the hole will get you close to the degrees used and there will not be another mark around the are on top unless its just a raised area such a some would find used as a floor of a tent to keep the water out and Very possible as you get to the crest you may find an old hand dug hole thats simular to an old caved in celler. may- be 7 ft 7 inches if you use a probe to locate the bottom

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello Rick, The distance thing is just because I know where there are 2 thats 25 miles apart, and since it was the Spanish I would assume they had survors and thats all they did, It would be my thinking that the French done the same, Magnetic instead of Grid

Regardless of whether they are Spanish, French or English, you will usually find settlements, outposts, missions, towns, villages etc. located 20-30 miles apart from one another.

The simple reason behind this is that this is about how far a wagon train, stagecoach or person on foot can travel in a day.

While the distance may have varied depending on the terrain, the main determinant for the locations of settlements/outposts etc. was the occurrence of surface waters and/or other features which would benefit the settlers or travelers.

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Billy, generally the 3cm holes can be - single hole on a angle = anchor point and some are depth indicators such as 23 cm X10 = 230 CM = 7ft 7 inches if they are up and down, I'm sure there some that you must dig on a angle, some may be a combination of those, anything under 10 cm across = measure by the foot ( 11.5 inches ) and 10 CM across = measure by the pace ( 33 inches ) an example would be a drill hole 10 cm wide and 10 cm deep = ( 2 ) circumfrence of 34.5 CM x 2 = 69 paces or a cordell or 189 feet I just use 190 feet and if I can get that close I figger I can let my eyes do their part, if you have a drill hole thats 8 iches across and 4 inches deep with a flat botton, its 2 cordells, if it has a shoulder 1/2 way down then it changes to 3 cordells, if you have a 10 cm wide and 15 cm deep then its 1 and a half cordell, if its 20 cm wide and 20 cm deep then its 2 cordells, if you have a drill hole 16 inches wide and 4 inches deep then its 4 cordells, if its 16 wide and 8 inches deep, its 8 cordells. Keep me informed if you find something differerent. Most of the time you may find two 3 cm holes 3 to 8 cm deep generally they are directional only. I sure wish I still had my 30 year old legs

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
attachment.php

Bump!!! been fire fighting in this area. i know its the wrong time of day i still several things in this rock including a Padre, rabbit and drill hole. What else?

Attachments

• rabbit top cleaned.jpg
    rabbit top cleaned.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 1,221

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread