Where would you look if you saw this ?

ruggertug

Greenie
Jan 16, 2006
Colorado/San Carlos, Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Here is a rock I know of and would like the knowledgable people on signs to tell me where I should look for treasure. IMG_1263.JPG

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would start in Clearwater Lake, Texas. Good Luck!

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Because of the size I would try measurements of KM, the open mouth is a direction and V has a value of 22th letter of the alphabet and also it has in some instances indicate roman numeral = 5 / mouth go this way / can also be measured in leagues, I would look in the direction of the face for 5 leagues or 12.5 miles, first if its possible check the area for a spanish mission, possible as far in reverse as 12.5 miles, see if its 25 miles between missions and if its 30 degrees there may be something of interest for several folks on this thread Thanks and good luck

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a mission that is approximately 12 miles in the opposite direction from the way that the indian head faces. Initially it was Jesuit.

Perhaps that is simply a landmark put there to make it easier for arriving boats to find the right landfall for reaching that mission.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
There may have been a Mission near there at one time, if its possible you may check in the reverse for possible Cache sites, the 1st indicator that I would look for a cache site would be an area aprox 400 feet square with between 10 and 30 symbols ( rock carvings ) small / large mounments, a diamond or a triangle indicating where you are at in the trail, middle / start / end of the trail, there may be a triangle carving near the head, a cross with a broken arm, or anything that would indicate three, I would start looking reverse of the head and check at least 1/2 mile near a feature that would draw your attention

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread