jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed he was unbelievably lucky. Too good to be true. ..

Sometimes we do get lucky ! But personally I think
these Lucky members would come off more Believable if they would post their whole days finds.

I've been lucky enough to Find my Best find of the day first Swing.

But I never turned around and Went home after.
I stayed & dug some Trash :laughing7:

when someone just posts a great find, it does disappoint me

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My only guess is he's a Kid or Childlike person without a detector trying to fit in.
That still doesn't excuse him.
If we allow these types posts, & members, We may as well forget about the Banner & even posting. :(

may as well call TreasureNet Facebook :(

I still get excited for my one and only banner find that I got. I never thought I'd even get one and when I did it felt like a real accomplishment. Banner or not when you find something special it gives you rush. You can't fake something and get those feelings no matter how hard you try. I bet Facebook will gladly take him in. Plenty of fakers on there! [emoji2]

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hell with these people! I've had some great finds but I also dig lots of junk and I enjoy sharing all of it with like minded people. Like someone said earlier.... It's his loss. I, like most here aren't trying to impress anyone. I'm simply here for the fellowship and to try and learn something Thanks to whoever caught this and to the mods for doing the right thing.

I just don't get it!!??

HH RN

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
his Banner Pics cannot be removed from above :(
However his Banner Threads have been Locked, His Banner tags removed, and notes posted

jan nielsen

Dec 3, 2014
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
His probably just a like hunter, that thrive on the attention. A lonely sad boy.

find

Aug 15, 2014
newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just sad. I have grown to love this hobby and this site. I really like how I can post a picture of something (of which I have no idea) and can have an answer within minutes. You guys are awesome. I don't usually post my full days finds because there's just way too much junk. But every now and then I find something interesting and it's great to post it, get some likes. and a few comments. Thanks for all your hard work !!!

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
his Banner Pics cannot be removed from above :(
However his Banner Threads have been Locked, His Banner tags removed, and notes posted

His banner finds were my concern. I'm glad you removed his tags and posted notes. :thumbsup:

:)
Breezie

Last edited:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
these Lucky members would come off more Believable if they would post their whole days finds.

So I was wondering. How exactly did you track down those pics from Fleabay?? Google image search maybe??

I won't ask what made you question it in the first place. He obviously didn't know it but multiple (or ANY for that matter) banner finds are SO rare they pretty much never happen; especially in one or two days...

Discrimination Dave

Sep 18, 2008
Primary Interest:
Other
pretty disappointing that a person would pollute the sight like that. His ban is well deserved, but couldn't he just join again with a new user name and continue his antics? or is the ban perhaps connected to his IP address?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knew he was doing this for at least three years. And to the other fakers you will be caught too. :)

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I used to post all of my finds but no one seems to interested in viewing or posting in threads of clad and trash. I posted a pretty nice old silver Washington quarter, a few wheaties and a couple of flat buttons a while back and only got like, maybe one reply. I was really tickled to find that one silver given my new detector at the time and the location but I guess nobody else was. No big deal.

Now I pretty much post the good stuff and the stuff that excites me. Plus, the clad once thrilled me (early on) but now; not so much. I don't feel like going through the hassle of uploading the pics anymore. Hell I don't even clean my clad until I have a sizable pile of it so I can do it all at once.

I currently have a bit of a backlog of finds that I just haven't gotten around to posting. There's nothing extraordinary but there are a few pretty nice keepers in the mix.

I've had this discussion here before. I guess it would be easy to look at the good posts and assume someone is either incredibly lucky, highly skilled or a liar. But for every good find I choose to post, there are usually pounds and pounds of trash as well that's never seen. I assume that applies to pretty much everyone here.

I've also gotten my best finds on my first hit quite a few times. It happened last weekend when I got my most recent 14K ring. There was much intuition involved in that one and it proved to be right on the money that time. That happens for me now and again. And yes, I posted that one because gold always excites me; especially given the fact that it's over 1300 bucks an ounce at the moment.

Other times, I can swing all day and not find anything noteworthy. You know how it is; things appear when they appear given the location, soil conditions, state of mind (as in "the zone") and most of all; LUCK....Sometimes you get on a lucky streak for a while and the next thing you know you're back in another slump.
That's how it is with me anyway...

Last edited:

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For a couple years now I have been laughing at this guys posts through PMs and offline. It couldn't be more obvious that much of his posts were fake. To whoever found the ebay listing and let Jeff know.... THANK YOU! Let's get these people out of here. I come here to learn and try to share what knowledge I have, whenever I have something to add to a post. Guys like this come here and TAKE at the expense of the rest of us. Like its some joke to them that we all are serious about this hobby. They take by getting their egos stroked with "wow, nice find" comments which is just sad. These people are obvious and its frustrating to have to wade through this stuff on here.

I typically don't write comments like this. I move along when I see BS on here, and occasionally gripe to a buddy offline or through PM... I just don't have enough time or care enough to get into online drama or debates. But the last guy that did this really burnt me personally and I'm sick of seeing people come on here and post stuff they bought. When I go out in the field I bust my butt for what I get and then spend hours\days preserving iron and relics, then a couple hours taking pictures, editing them and writing a post to share with you guys. I do all that because I love history and I really appreciate those who do the same... I could care less about comments or likes on here... I care about learning more and offering up what knowledge I have acquired. So to those out there wasting our time, just move along... go to another forum and get your pats on the back from someone else.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reminds me of a thread on another forum some years back when a guy claimed to have dug a stone mint 1856 flying eagle cent, first few people were tripping over themselves to congratulate him but it went downhill quick and he was exposed as a fraud.
Wondering what the odds are of a guy in Kentucky finding ancient coins anyhow, would be a bit more believable if he was from Greece or something.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was wondering. How exactly did you track down those pics from Fleabay?? Google image search maybe??

I won't ask what made you question it in the first place. He obviously didn't know it but multiple (or ANY for that matter) banner finds are SO rare they pretty much never happen; especially in one or two days...

as I said earlier , a Member followed the Rules & Sent me a PM With documented proof,
the Picture was from an older Ebay ad.

I personally take everyone at their word, and hope they respect us.
the only time I look the other way is March 31 through April 2.
But even then I expect a Public confession by the 2nd.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pretty disappointing that a person would pollute the sight like that. His ban is well deserved, but couldn't he just join again with a new user name and continue his antics? or is the ban perhaps connected to his IP address?

I keep a watch. ip's aren't invisible to moderators

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to post all of my finds but no one seems to interested in viewing or posting in threads of clad and trash. I posted a pretty nice old silver Washington quarter a while back and only got one reply. I was really tickled to find that one given my new detector at the time and the location but I guess nobody else was. No big deal.

Now I pretty much post the good stuff. Plus, the clad once thrilled me but now; not so much. I don't feel like going through the hassle of uploading the pics anymore.

I currently have a backlog of finds that I just haven't gotten around to posting. There's nothing extraordinary but there are a few pretty nice keepers in the mix.

I've had this discussion here before. I guess it would be easy to look at the good posts and assume someone is either incredibly lucky, highly skilled or a liar. But for every good find I choose to post, there are usually pounds and pounds of trash as well that's never seen. I assume that applies to pretty much everyone here.

I've also gotten my best finds on my first hit quite a few times. It happened last weekend when I got my most recent 14K ring. There was much intuition involved in that one and it proved to be right on the money that time. That happens for me now and again.

Other times, I can swing all day and not find anything noteworthy. You know how it is; things appear when they appear given the location, soil conditions and most of all; LUCK....Sometimes you get on a lucky streak for a while and the next thing you know you're back in another slump.
That's how it is with me anyway...

Yes it taken me 2 Hours already to photograph pics, Construct a post
and add it to todays finds, By using all the Zinclins & clad to make a design like a
Clad man in a picture & separate all the Aluminum & Steel bits :laughing7:

No I don't expect everyone to do it,
& If I come off sounding like I'm accusing those who Don't.
I am not. & apologize. I am just not one to make large posts I feel are interesting to others.
So the Trash & Clad is not only what dominates my Hunts.
in some cases I feel without them My posts would be snore fests in more ways hen one :laughing7:

getting a great find right away always scares me.
first thing I think after the Happiness is I won't improve on this today :tongue3:
But I do try :laughing7:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread