What's new

Just in case?

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This looks way to perfect to me but just in case its more than a historic piece. What is it? Found last week in a creek here in N GA. Its stone by the way and not worked on the bottom.
Thanks, rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_4391.webp
    100_4391.webp
    233.3 KB · Views: 157
  • 100_4392.webp
    100_4392.webp
    226.2 KB · Views: 163
Upvote 0
Of course I dont mind due to the fact I wanted to make sure it wasnt a artifact, the one I showed. I wasnt sure cause the lines are so perfect it looks like it was made in a mold. This is the first piece I have seen like it so I just wanted to be sure. If it wasnt stone I would of guessed a brake pedal or something like that. Might be a historic type of item used for a type of grinder.
 
I have no idea! http://smg.photobucket.com/user/tomclark/media/tooools/Cilla/20130115_145843.jpg.html http://smg.photobucket.com/user/tomclark/media/tooools/Cilla/20130115_145813.jpg.html http://smg.photobucket.com/user/tomclark/media/tooools/Cilla/20130115_145746.jpg.html[/QUOTE
Those are shaft abraders just as you show them they used wood poles small to large in diameter . The poles used in there housing in woodland time were composed of large wood poles around 6 inches or so in diameter ... Plus yours looks like it was used for a spear shaft hope this helps
 
It's possible that those pieces were wore out as well they liked ruff course stone like limestone ,for abrading just a observation ;)
 
Hey painter... Tom was joking.
 
Well guess I'm just SFB haha I might just have to step back and get some teaching ;) thanks gator
 
Quito has a pretty convincing link. Rock, as small as that piece is, it couldn't hurt to keep it. If you find out its natural, it's still a cool find. Also, walking the creek behind a person is worth while. We all step over artifacts. I've found points in my own footprints as well as other people's prints. A creek is constantly moving. It would be impossible to catch every artifact moving down stream.
 
I found a foot to a bowl walking behind my fellow friend while we were walking to a gravel bar. He stepped on the side of it and it flipped out of the mud just in time for me to pick it up.
It actually looks like what Quito posted but the one I found is broken in half what ever it is. Ill hang onto it and maybe one day the mystery will be solved.
 
Mabey its a lug...
A crude handle.
Sometimes they just look like a broken lump.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom