What's new

Just started reading this forum... Question?

Clad 2 meet u

Full Member
Joined
May 7, 2007
Messages
245
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water)
I'm wondering what most of you do with your "keeper" coins? Do you keep for your collection?, sell on ebay?, sell for scrap? Seems like a very interesting and exciting hobby.

Thanks,

Greg
 
Upvote 0
Clad 2 meet u said:
I'm wondering what most of you do with your "keeper" coins? Do you keep for your collection?, sell on ebay?, sell for scrap? Seems like a very interesting and exciting hobby.

Thanks,

Greg

For now I keep almost everything, and sell a few here and there.
 
I just started this year so I have all of mine yet. Plan is to hold on to them for a while and hope that silver skyrockets! ;D.....Then , Sell
 
Clad 2 meet u said:
I'm wondering what most of you do with your "keeper" coins? Do you keep for your collection?, sell on ebay?, sell for scrap? Seems like a very interesting and exciting hobby.

Thanks,

Greg

Yes, yes, yes, and finally- YES!
 
I have only found two silver and ten or so wheaties. I plan on keeping them unless I find something worth around $1000.00 then it is DFX or SE time baby.
 
I keep them. I had to sell my first gold ring and I regret it. I am not in the hobby to make money. The finds are more important to me as keepsake treasures.
 
Thanks for the responses everyone. I think I might give this a try someday real soon, that is if I can break this nasty metal detecting habit I have ;)

Wishing you all good luck!


Greg
 
I think you would enjoy it even if you did it on occasion or even a box a week, even if you don't find anything its still fun waiting for the mother lode. Good luck!
 
a long time ago I was a Collector,
but now I just hold on to what I can't sell.

I don't miss the coins I sell because
I just Figure one of these days,
I'll find another to take a look at.

And IF I don't someone else here will
and I'll live through them for a Little :P
 
Clad 2 meet u said:
Thanks for the responses everyone. I think I might give this a try someday real soon, that is if I can break this nasty metal detecting habit I have ;)

Wishing you all good luck!


Greg

You will find the majority of folks here who CRH also MD. We are multi tasking!! LOL
 
Clad 2 meet u said:
I think I might give this a try someday real soon, that is if I can break this nasty metal detecting habit I have
That is the problem, I did not break the MD habit first. Once I started CRHing that addiction took over. I found more silver coins in my first box than I found in my entire 3-4 years of metal detecting and one of those was a 1935 Walking Liberty half.

CRHing took over and MDing kind of went to the side of the road. >:(
 
Hello again I am new to this also. I am sure this question has been asked before but I couldnt find it.
Where would you sell the silver coins once you have accumulated say 500 silver coins. I have heards its about 12.50 per ounce. How much is that per coin? Will the local coin shop buy that many coins at once? It just sounds to easy. How would the coin shop make their $$[/glow]? Thanks for your time. ??? ;D
 
The coin shop pays less than the spot price of the silver in the coins. The other day I sold some 40 percent silver coins for 3x face value. At 13 dollars spot price, this means the silver content was worth $1.92. He paid me $1.50. This covers his cost for shipping, sitting on them until he has enough to send in, his markup or what he wants to make on the deal and any fluctuation in the spot price. He may still lose on the deal even though he technically "made" 42 cents per coin.

I'm still happy because I made 3x my investment. He's happy cause he made money too, hopefully. Win-win. ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom