cuzimloony

Apr 9, 2016
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Series
Minelab Gold Monster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok ok ok, another post about the stone maps. I know I know.... I'm going to do it anyway. Please bear with me. These are things I wanted to investigate years ago when I read Bob's book, but lived in PA. Now I live in AZ, very close to the Superstitions, and can get out in the field easily.

First off, Im not sure if I should post this under KCG (because of Bob Brewers book) or Lost Dutchman since the maps are typically associated with the LDM. So please forgive me if I am stepping on any toes, out of line or have erred in some way.

Second, I know there is disagreement as to whether or not the stone maps are valid. They may have been carved by the man who discovered them, but then again, maybe not. I'm not sure I want to get into that right now and there is already a recent thread on that.

Now, I want to discuss the maps in the Superstition Mountain Museum (and the certified copies in the museum in Goldfield, which are the ones I've seen since the Superstition Mountain Museum is undergoing renovations at the moment). If you compare the maps in the museum to the ones shows in Bob's book, they are not the same. The ones Bob used have many things on them that are not on the stones in the museum. I don't remember where Bob said he got his copies. First off, there is the elephant in front of the horse. Next is the word/name "Pedro" and the 5-pointed star on the horses rump area, among many other things, but I'll limit my post to those for the moment. Why the discrepancies?

Also, what about Bob's theory on the Horse/Priest being found on a topo map from 1900? I'll say, I see and mostly agree with the horse being found on the topo map. That one, especially the horse head, is easily traced on the map, however the body requires a bit of imagination. I'll buy it, for now. Next, the priest.....I do not agree at all. In order to see "Bob's" priest on the 1900 topo map, you need to use quite a bit of imagination and I'm not sure I buy it. However, I have my own theory on the priest. If you wait long enough during the sunset while looking at the priest rock on the west end of the superstition mountains, you can see not only the obvious priest, but also the cross in his hand in the same general orientation as on the stone maps (pic enclosed...look at the lighter colored rock in front of the priest to see the cross...I hope the pics I attach can be zoomed in on and seen properly). Maybe my theory of the priest is too obvious to be real, but then again...it's just a theory anyway. I'm open to hearing opposing theories and changing my mind.

Finally, the 5-pointed star Bob mentions on Buzzards Roost (AZ). It is absolutely there and it is amazing. Very high up, HUGE and I'm assuming quite a hard thing to accomplish. I drove out there (4-wheeling is another hobby) and funny enough, you have to drive right past Elephant Butte (which Bob says is not related to the missing elephant on the stone maps, but Im not sure) No question the star is there. It is not a very easy place to get to and cannot be seen from ordinary paved roads. Could this be the star that is missing from the stone maps? Pic attached.

I have also wheeled through Box Canyon, but didn't see anything. That doesn't mean there's nothing there, just that I need to go back and try again. Martinez Canyon runs right next to it and I plan to wheel or hike that one too, but haven't yet. Both canyons are mentioned in Bob's book as having treasure symbols.

So, it Bob right and this is a KGC cashe? Or, is this an ancient Spanish mine, mined first by the Spanish/Mexican and then Jacob Waltz? Or...is it both?

Thoughts, criticisms (polite ones) suggestions and general convo is all greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• elephant butte.PNG
    elephant butte.PNG
    851.3 KB · Views: 152
  • buzzards roost star.PNG
    buzzards roost star.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 166
  • priest star.PNG
    priest star.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 158
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions