Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill we had a giant pine tree in my grandparents yard when I was a kid !! Southern yellow pine....that tree was a beautiful specimen that ill never forget....it was huge !!

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love checking in on the trees that we planted as a family

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im growing west indies mahogany.....I plant them and when there 6 or 8 ft we transplant in the ground, give them away in pots, or sometimes people buy them from us. We grow key limes and oranges from seed also, and have a few black iron woods too !! We have been harvesting mahogany from storm fall and county permitted take downs. Absolutely this has been the largest and most profitable treasure hunt I've ever been involved in.....logs after cutting can range in price from 3000-20000$. Im not allowed to export this rare and endangered species, but I have shipped logs as far away as Seattle from here in the keys !! This all started as a hobby and is now a big income provider for me above and beyond my day job.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart Yes Indeed mahogany is so so nice and well desired by many wood crafters..I don’t know if we could grow some oranges up here in Ny planting zone 5..
We got a Meyers lemon tree from Florida and for the first time this season there are three lemons larger than a golf ball on it..I am born and raised up here and perhaps the Keys could be our next destination
HH

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Down here we have a lot of Australian pine and some Norfolk pine

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When we bought our property in the country many years ago and had our house built it was a large cattle farm..The conservation dept has a yearly seedling sale so I bought 1000 pine seedlings..I soaked the trees for several days and rented a post hole power auger and with the help of several people we planted them in rows along the borders..They also are as tall as the others..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread