What's new

Last Thursdays Finds

Americus

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
3,249
Reaction score
3,827
Golden Thread
0
Last Thursday's Finds

These were found last Thursday in three sites on the same tract of land. There are no killers in the bunch.





When I found this one I thought it was a nice hafted scraper, but the way the base of it appears to be broken, I have decided that it is just the base of a broken point. What do you think?








 
Upvote 0
The notches would be extremely large for a point, I think it`s a scraper, which doesn`t have to have a thinned back. Looks like it would fit the thumb nice. Neat find.
 
Very nice finds and the 1st photo the point in the middle is a killer, you are to humble . From what I see, that is a lot of flaking on the base of a point, JMO I think it was a hafted scraper. Great finds:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
 
I agree with rack the center is a killer ;)!!!
 
In the first picture, that one in the middle sure is nice. The second picture looks like a halfed scrapper to me. JMO. Nice finds.
 
Nice Americus. Always have the colors down your way. I would say a snapped base also as thick as the break is. Could it be lost lake or Hardin or a Bolen base?

You are off to another good year it looks like.:thumbsup:

I think you would have won last years contest for most points found. Do you ever do an end of year group shot?
 
I believe most of us in here would love to find just 1 of those on any of our hunts. Nice finds
 
Nice bunch of finds!
 
Nice Americus. Always have the colors down your way. I would say a snapped base also as thick as the break is. Could it be lost lake or Hardin or a Bolen base?

You are off to another good year it looks like.:thumbsup:

I think you would have won last years contest for most points found. Do you ever do an end of year group shot?

I filled up two and one-half shoe box sized boxes with what I call good finds. It would be hard to take a picture of all of them.
 
Do you have any in a frame?
It would be great to see a shot of your best ones all in one photo
 
Do you have any in a frame?
It would be great to see a shot of your best ones all in one photo

I have a lot of frames. I'll try to take some pictures later and post them. I don't have any of this year's finds in frames.
 
That should be great to see thank you... I hope those few coral points you found are in there.
 
Ill second the frame pics when you get time. I bet you have some real nice ones I havent seen.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom