Joe,
Regarding Travis Tumlinson attempting to sell the Stone Maps. We know a lot of the same people. I have NEVER heard ANYBODY say that they could tell me unequivocally that they knew Travis had tried to sell the Stone Maps.
What we have is you saying that "Somebody told me that somebody else told them, that they heard Travis had tried to sell the Stone Maps."
While I don't expect you to divulge sources, I have to say that a lot of people say a lot of things that aren't necessarily true. While I trust that you state the truth as you know it, I don't know your source in this. Even then, your source is only second hand. So far, I have collected about five different stories as to the origins of The Stone Maps. Not all of them can be true. Three different people claim to have sold the stone maps to Tumlinson. Unless you have someone FIRSTHAND that says Travis offered to sell them the Stone Maps, I am not biting.
Mike