Legend of the Stone Maps

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Homar,
Life isn't necessarily fair. People can drag you into court for anything, then lie through their teeth when they get there. "I just found my grandpa's diary. Looks like those gold coins you found in the back yard were his and they rightfully belong to our family." Etc, etc, etc. You might spend your new fortune on lawyers. Or settle. I've been involved in a similar situation myself for the past two years (property boundary dispute). There's sociopathic liars out there.

Howdy sdcfia,

I am well aware that life is not fair, and that there are sociopathic liars out there. Property boundary disputes are a different matter than treasure finds. I was asking for legality of treasure find on your own property. The previous owner would need to present definite proof that the treasure belonged to him, or her.

Homar

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homar,

I agree it is much too late for a land owner to raise ownership issues. Its called laches. Which is basically setting on your rights too long whereby one can no longer exercise those rights. It least that's what its called here. In the eastern states we go by old English law. You guys out west have a mixture of laws which I don't begin to understand.

Usually my posts are too wordy. In this case, I didn't say enough. What I was trying to convey was the thought that "at the time of the find" it could have been a theft issue on private property which would have been a locally prosecuted issue. But; would not have involved the FBI, at least not on that issue.

The Securities investigator in the stock issue may have alerted the FBI if (big if) there was an indication of fraud involved. We have nothing from the file which gives any indication that fraud was ever investigated. If it was, there should have been a surviving file. If there was no interstate criminal investigation the FBI had "0" authority to do anything.

Howdy Lynda,

I was not referring to the present. I was referring to the time that the stones were made public. I am sure that if the land owner had been aware, he would have taken Travis to court. Seems like the owner, and the law were too late to do anything about them.

Homar

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
<cut>
END-PERIOD-FINITO
SIMPLE:

Bob + FBI = at least 100 years old. Don't try and assume anybody's intentions or motives. Just go by what Bob said. End of story. I know it doesn't jibe with your and Ryan's theories, but it is the simple truth.

Mike

Hardly. Mr. Corbin may simply have been misinformed. We (including you) can't know. Bottom line: there no FBI lab report with which to make a judgement, which indicates that no analysis was made. Dead duck.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy sdcfia,

I am well aware that life is not fair, and that there are sociopathic liars out there. Property boundary disputes are a different matter than treasure finds. I was asking for legality of treasure find on your own property. The previous owner would need to present definite proof that the treasure belonged to him, or her.

Homar

Legal proceedings are hardly predictable in the real world.

I guess you're trying to apply the discussion to the PSMs, where they were recovered and either the previous landowner's rights, or the original PSM creator's rights. That'll be a tough application - from what I've seen, the stones may have been created in some unknown shop in some unknown location.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
deducer,

Believe what you want. Jim was very involved in the Stone Map story. There are many people who know how he blew up and cursed a supposed friend when he voiced his opinion that the Stone Maps were a hoax.

Makes me laugh to see the like you received for your post. Jim hated that person.

Joe Ribaudo

Jim is no longer here (and neither is Bilbrey), and so I fail to see how Jim, as a person, is relevant to the discussion at hand or any other discussion.

You recounting how he blew up, or who he liked or didn't liked, contributes absolutely nothing to improving our knowledge of the Stone Maps or the provenance of said.

I, on the other hand, have heard a few stories about you that I will not be sharing as these stories do not contribute anything either.

Last but not least, if the worst thing Jim ever did was blow up at another person or delete your posts, that makes him far from the worst DH'er- some of who have murdered, stolen, or inflicted harm, all in the name of what they thought was at the end of the trail on the Stone Maps.

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy sdcfia,

Homar

Homar,

Here is the statute in regards to "Personal Property"

The Antiquities Act initially states that it applies to lands owned or controlled by the federal government. However, it also states that, where the objects to be preserved are on privately owned lands, the property “may be relinquished to the Government.”28 It is not clear whether relinquishment is voluntary or may include condemnation. Courts have only discussed the issue as a side matter to the dispute they were resolving. In two such cases, the courts have indicated that relinquishment should be interpreted as a voluntary surrender of property. The more recent decision, in 2008, stated that the Antiquities Act “does not authorize government officials forcibly to take private property to provide such care or to enter private land.”29 In 1978, the Supreme Court described the Antiquities Act as applying solely to federal property: “A reservation under the Antiquities Act thus means no more than that the land is shifted from one federal use, and perhaps from one federal managing agency, to another.”30

Tina

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Jim is no longer here (and neither is Bilbrey), and so I fail to see how Jim, as a person, is relevant to the discussion at hand or any other discussion.

You recounting how he blew up, or who he liked or didn't liked, contributes absolutely nothing to improving our knowledge of the Stone Maps or the provenance of said.

I, on the other hand, have heard a few stories about you that I will not be sharing as these stories do not contribute anything either.

Last but not least, if the worst thing Jim ever did was blow up at another person or delete your posts, that makes him far from the worst DH'er- some of who have murdered, stolen, or inflicted harm, all in the name of what they thought was at the end of the trail on the Stone Maps.

Everyone involved in the history of the mountain had their good and bad points. It's interesting and we all can learn something.

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I'm sorry but it is a fact no one can say for sure who has the original stone maps. Testing is useless unless you have the original stones. Prove the stones exhibited anywhere are the original. For all we know Travis wife sold copies to Mitchell. The only one who knows for sure is Travis. Perhaps he will supply evidence from the grave.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sarge: to your question of different or not ,I say quite different.
Bill, a wild guess is temporary quarantine.

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Opinion
Are these the same stone? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435694651.617510.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435694663.435955.jpg

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not the same stones Frank. Quite different if you look close. My opinion anyway.

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say they are not the same.

BTW to whom which moderator is moderating, what happened to the video 6 forum ???

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LVB, thread was deleted by admins because it contained sponsors on video that are non supporting vendors here.

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435696884.893081.jpg

This stone was photographed at the AZ mining Assoc in 1994 by Jack San Felice. He stated the are the original maps. The other is obviously at the SSM.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1181491

This stone was photographed at the AZ mining Assoc in 1994 by Jack San Felice. He stated the are the original maps. The other is obviously at the SSM.

Frank,

This is a pic of the Heart Insert that I took in 2010 at the Superstition Museum side by side with Jack's Pic:

frankheart.jpg IMGP0099.JPG

Look very closely. Same Stone.

Also, here is my correspondence with Greg Davis:

davisstones.jpeg

Mike

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Making all things closer to equal: take a look. Definitely NOT the same stone.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435700287.778643.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435700300.972888.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435700311.024663.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread