What's new

Let’s see some back lit beauties.

quito

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
4,638
Reaction score
4,844
Golden Thread
0
Location
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Got the idea from IMZIM’s recent post.

I have this nice moss agate blade from South Dakota for starters.

D2C87B13-A21E-4E64-BB94-1C421B87520C.webp64ABAFDB-2A44-4207-BC3A-7B38C3488AC4.webp
 
Upvote 0
NICE POINT LOOKS GREAT BACK LIT .
 
Last edited:
That is a dandy Charl. Looks like a glow stick in that last pic!
 
That is a dandy Charl. Looks like a glow stick in that last pic!

That shot surprised me. There was about a 3 square inch of sunlight, the very last rays before sunset, shining in a bedroom window. Was not expecting a "glow stick" look, but thought "well, that's cool", lol..
 
Couple of EASTGATE points from Tilly's Hill site N California 1500 - 400 BP Developmental to Classic Phase
 

Attachments

  • P6160878.webp
    P6160878.webp
    19 KB · Views: 66
  • P6160879.webp
    P6160879.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 72
Gunther Cluster Crystal Late Prehistoric and Historic and were still being used into the Gold Rush and later . Personal find foothills N. California
 

Attachments

  • PA222505.webp
    PA222505.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Was spraying a soybean field, bent over to pick up the fill hose and did a double take when this was laying at the toe of my boot.
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1562042373.555613.webp
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1562042373.555613.webp
    62.3 KB · Views: 71
  • ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1562042436.863809.webp
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1562042436.863809.webp
    48.7 KB · Views: 72
Nice KRF thumb scraper! :icon_thumleft:
 
Last edited:
I think that scraper's material is KRF (Knife River Flint) instead of KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken)!:icon_biggrin:
 
Starved Rock Chert Clovis found in LaSalle County, Illinois

JeffHipskind_StarvedRockClovis_1a.webp
 

Attachments

  • JeffHipskind_StarvedRockClovis_1c.webp
    JeffHipskind_StarvedRockClovis_1c.webp
    142.4 KB · Views: 87
Wow! LOL I must have been hungry. LOL!


I think that scraper's material is KRF (Knife River Flint) instead of KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken)!:icon_biggrin:
 
Talking about food, then the knockout Clovis, what's next? Something's got to give!
 
Here's one more found in Jackson County, Wisconsin. I haven't posted this piece in a while. Known as the Black River Falls Dovetail, found near Melrose Wisconsin in the 1930's or before.

I love the backlit shot of this guy!

black river falls transluscent.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom