What's new

Let’s see some back lit beauties.

quito

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
4,638
Reaction score
4,844
Golden Thread
0
Location
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Got the idea from IMZIM’s recent post.

I have this nice moss agate blade from South Dakota for starters.

D2C87B13-A21E-4E64-BB94-1C421B87520C.webp64ABAFDB-2A44-4207-BC3A-7B38C3488AC4.webp
 
Upvote 0
Yellow Quartzite the only one I have ever found like it. N GA
 

Attachments

  • SDC11538.webp
    SDC11538.webp
    525.4 KB · Views: 64
  • SDC11542.webp
    SDC11542.webp
    247.1 KB · Views: 105
Backlit with a cloudy day.
4F8536D4-8B00-4335-B93B-DCB30A7C8A4D.webp
 
This is my favorite arrowhead. I have many older but this is my is the first find. Always will remember that day at my grandmother Rosa's home, the grown up were going to the creek's yellow hole to wash cloths, They really did that in the fifties. We kids have to go below the washing so as not to muddy the water, We walked through a newly planted cornfield and I saw it between the rows, I still handel it every time I work in my cave. I'll never display it where I can't hold it.IMG_2192.webp
 
Hard to forget your first arrowhead I’d venture to say.
here is an updated pic of my last back lit point.
27C02EA3-3B63-474C-882A-2ED324DBF57F.webp
 
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1560134410.451154.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1560134441.823802.webp
Just found today first one that can be back lit my others are all opaque.
 
That's a G-10 Gunther Cluster point But lacking the wild serrations of a Calapooya / Calapoola or Kalapooya in my opion .

They were nomadic and did trade goods
 
Window into the past
 

Attachments

  • P7232250.webp
    P7232250.webp
    315.7 KB · Views: 80
Window into the past

That’s probably the nicest piece I’ve ever seen, that’s some tough to work mineral ! Thank you for sharing [emoji1303]
 
Coral hernando
 

Attachments

  • 20190607_215401.webp
    20190607_215401.webp
    1 MB · Views: 71
My recent KRF eBay find.
D15646A9-0AF9-4237-81F9-C0D748368977.webp
 
More Crystal N. California Foothills .
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7111.webp
    IMG_7111.webp
    45.2 KB · Views: 60
  • PA222505.webp
    PA222505.webp
    354.1 KB · Views: 69
That’s one of the nicest crystal points I’ve seen .... I could look at that thing all day
 
These two are out of one of my Deep South Frames. A SantaFe and Kirk found in Deep Southern Alabama and made from Snowflake Tallahatta Quartzite
CfPqgOH.jpg
 
Now we're talking! Those are nice.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom