What's new

Lets see some color!

quito

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
4,638
Reaction score
4,844
Golden Thread
0
Location
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
This is one of my favorite arrowheads made from colorful jasper .

DSCN3132.webpDSCN3131.webp
 
Upvote 0
heres my favorite flintridge piece ive found 527237_128665090652552_402221583_n.webp
 

Attachments

  • 541522_130080013844393_539519793_n.webp
    541522_130080013844393_539519793_n.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 92
Some Georgia color.

ForumRunner_20131110_002018.webp



ForumRunner_20131110_002218.webp
 
whoa charlie it's cool

to me it resembles a face or mask with a patch over the eye on our left....and the other eye peering kinda half open as if it is ready to fall asleep

larson1951


Lol, thanks, Steve. I know what you mean. We always called it the "Owl Point" because it reminded me of an owl's face. Also looks like one of those bug eyed, pointy chin space aliens:laughing7:
 
someone mentioned jasper?
here are some of the different colors i have when it comes to scrapers
we occasionally find a jasper arrow point or even a jasper knife but very seldom
i gotta say that 'old digger sure has some pretty colored jasper in his area that i don't have here



View attachment 896884



larson1951
 
Started another thread for these scrapers.
DSCN3535.webp
 
Trout creek chert I believe. This is a colorado piece I acquired in a trade a few years ago
DSCN2639.jpg
 
Here is a small Allen point that has the red and yellow jasper mix.


Folder #1 290.webp Folder #1 291.webp
 
I posted a thumb scraper in your new thread that I think is made of the same material.

That IS some GREAT material. The more I look at it, the more I like it.
 
South West Ga
 

Attachments

  • 003 (2).webp
    003 (2).webp
    81.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 004 (2).webp
    004 (2).webp
    82 KB · Views: 102
South West Ga Newnan
 

Attachments

  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 88
South West Ga Marion
 

Attachments

  • DSC04768.webp
    DSC04768.webp
    210.2 KB · Views: 82
South West Ga Color
 

Attachments

  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 84
South West Ga Color 2
 

Attachments

  • 033.webp
    033.webp
    42.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 034 (2).webp
    034 (2).webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 87
Very Nice kinchafoony!!!

What's the story on that point in your avatar, and what do you type it
 
South West Ga Color 3
 

Attachments

  • DSC00565.webp
    DSC00565.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 89
South West Ga Color 4
 

Attachments

  • DSC01798.webp
    DSC01798.webp
    527 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC01799.webp
    DSC01799.webp
    685.3 KB · Views: 90
South West Ga Color 5
 

Attachments

  • DSC00862.webp
    DSC00862.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC00863.webp
    DSC00863.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 81

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom