What's new

Lets see your RED artifacts

Saguache

Full Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2019
Messages
120
Reaction score
320
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thought I'd ask for some eye candy in my favorite color.
Western jasper top & Bighorn flint lower.

DSC06720.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll admit that red isn't my favorite color, but I'm digging this thread! Here are a few that my family has found in south-central Indiana:

IMG_1360.webpIMG_0925.webp
IMG_1356.webp
This next one is one of my favorite brokes. My son "found" it (with a little help from me) when he was 4 or 5. I really like the straight blade on one side and the fine serrations on the other.
IMG_2279.webp

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
monsterrack? Hello? moooonsterrack? Where you at?

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

ps. you know​ what I'm talking about...
 
A couple Drills from Tilly's Hill N. California .
 

Attachments

  • P9124039.webp
    P9124039.webp
    722.1 KB · Views: 83
  • P7043813.webp
    P7043813.webp
    718 KB · Views: 63
  • P2100439.webp
    P2100439.webp
    318.4 KB · Views: 62
Beautiful drills!
 
This is one of the best artifacts that I've seen found on TNet. I sometimes go to the sticky threads up top started by monsterrack just so that I can look at his Banner find. This immediately came to mind when I saw "Lets see your RED artifacts." If you've seen it before, it's definitely worth seeing again. If you haven't seen it, check it out:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/n...cts/376211-best-find-my-life.html#post3590212

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Thx for bringing that one here...made my day.
 
Don't know how, but I missed that thread altogether. What a great find and what a nice landowner to let you do yo' thang on his property, at least I hope you still have permission to hunt his land.
 
Here is a red Mississippian age bottle I found digging back in the 80's. I was using a probe, tapped it, felt something, tapped it again before I decided to dig it out, and the result is that lovely gash in the side... :censored:

bottle.webp
 
Glass trade beads personal finds American Flat El Dorado County N. California .
 

Attachments

  • PB152559.webp
    PB152559.webp
    753.3 KB · Views: 84
  • PB152558.webp
    PB152558.webp
    695.9 KB · Views: 59
I was asked to post some pictures of my find,hope you like them.1031191036a.webp1031191037b.webp 1031191043.webp I still hunt this spot and have found other items like a porphyry stone drilled bead and a quartz preform bead.
 
Here is a red Mississippian age bottle I found digging back in the 80's. I was using a probe, tapped it, felt something, tapped it again before I decided to dig it out, and the result is that lovely gash in the side... :censored:

View attachment 1767005
If you didn't probe it would still be intact....buried! Good find.
 
20190127_104623.webp20190127_104611.webp
Small Newnan-ish type point. Petrified wood. Gainesville area.
 
Cherry Blast

Red is my favorite color but very rare in this part of Georgia mostly black here. I have only 1 red point and I call it Cherry Blast and one Heart Breaker
 

Attachments

  • SDC13020.webp
    SDC13020.webp
    969.1 KB · Views: 87
  • SDC11671.webp
    SDC11671.webp
    349.8 KB · Views: 85
  • SDC11673.webp
    SDC11673.webp
    323.3 KB · Views: 62
  • SDC11676.webp
    SDC11676.webp
    322.7 KB · Views: 88
Nice ones rock , I remember that cherry blast that’s one sweet point I love the colors and the flaking is pretty great too
 
Glass trade beads, with shell duck and crescent. Marsh site, c.1660, Iroquois, Livingston Co., NY....

IMG_3740.webp

IMG_3741.webp
 
Nice looking strand .
 
Amber Beads
 

Attachments

  • _U2A1937.webp
    _U2A1937.webp
    637.3 KB · Views: 58
  • _U2A2527.webp
    _U2A2527.webp
    556.4 KB · Views: 86
  • _U2A2353.webp
    _U2A2353.webp
    384.2 KB · Views: 89
  • _U2A2006.webp
    _U2A2006.webp
    185.3 KB · Views: 76
  • _U2A2007.webp
    _U2A2007.webp
    397.4 KB · Views: 65
  • _U2A2002.webp
    _U2A2002.webp
    309.4 KB · Views: 86
Two crazy little red Jasper "Mollys," (Gunthers, Rogue Points).004.webp006.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom