Long island hot spots?

ted750

Aug 20, 2006
Hey guys, I've been detecting in and around Manhasset LI for about 5 years, and I feel like I've finally reached the end of my rope, I've pounded just about every site near me. If anyone knows of any good spots ANYWHERE on long island that they're willing to share with me I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm really looking for the older stuff, 1800's atleast. And also, if anyone ever wants to get together for a long island hunt, drop me a line.

Regards,
Ted

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
;D Hi , Ted This is coin finder I Know how you feel.. about Hot Spots and old - site around 1800s from old Coins . I go to The (beaches) and some Town Parks it work for me Found many coins but sorry to say they were (New) I an in smithtown.

wreckvalle

Nov 20, 2006
Ted,

Two ideas for you.
1) First check out the Long Island Beach Diver Free Online Guide. Its for divers but many of the same beach locations have produced gold and silver.
http://www.aquaexplorers.com/beachdivingLongIslandNY.htm

also check out
http://www.aquaexplorers.com/metal_detecting.htm

2) My good friend Mike McMeekin just opened up a Treasure Hunting /Metal detector shop in Bellmore. Shop is located off Merrick Rd just accross from the Duncan Dounuts. Mike has set up a nice display including hundreds of his gold rings and Spanish coins. You might do well to stop by and pick his brain. Tell him Capt Dan sent you- he is a very good friend and will point you in the right direction.

Treasures Unlimited
2611B Merrick Rd
Bellmore NY
516 785-1618

Safe Diving
Capt. Dan Berg
www.aquaexplorers.com

Attachments

• treasure hunting mike mcmeekin gold rings.jpg
    treasure hunting mike mcmeekin gold rings.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1,171

Jardgroup

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2022
;D Hi , Ted This is coin finder I Know how you feel.. about Hot Spots and old - site around 1800s from old Coins . I go to The (beaches) and some Town Parks it work for me Found many coins but sorry to say they were (New) I an in smithtown.
Hi coin finder, I’m in Smithtown too, let me know if you would like to hunt some time?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions