Look what I found under the tree...... A lot of diggin !

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, once again, I picked up my favorite hunting partner, ( DAD ).. Still going strong at 80... I hope that I have his ambition at his age. We hit an old swimming hole the other day, and were very succesfull with Gold & Platinum rings. We went back today... :)..... I went out into the water, over near the over hanging tree was..... It was a chore to get there, but it was all worth the effort... Must have been a very popular spot at one time... maybe a swim area, or maybe that tree once held a rope swing???...... all the rings were in the same genral spot, about a 30 x 60 foot spot and in about 3 feet of water... May be it was a spot that had a small raft ??? anyway Dad stayed up on the dry sand, and did well, he ended up with a small sterling ear ring, and a Merc dime 1916 P As you can see, I was a busy, busy, boy digging this morning.... 4 1/2 rings in one day isn't to bad......One sterling heart locket too....... I love this hobby ...... Dad and I have been hunting since 1972..... What a great ride I have been on with him...........Thanks for looking Happy Hunting.....

Attachments

• tree finds (2).JPG
    tree finds (2).JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,427
  • tree finds (3).JPG
    tree finds (3).JPG
    108 KB · Views: 1,427
  • tree finds (1).JPG
    tree finds (1).JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 1,443
Upvote 0
Wow!!! Looks like you had an amazing day............. :thumbsup: HH

wow nice --used the old noodle to find that sweet spot :icon_thumright:

savant365 said:
Very nice hunt. I think those 2 rings with the openings are toe rings but hey silver is silver :thumbsup:

HH Charlie

Charlie There are in deed toe rings...... sterling

Make 100% certain on that merc dime that it is in fact a P and not a D. Huge difference in value.

Trees are a treasure hunters friend. :wink:

JD-GA said:
Make 100% certain on that merc dime that it is in fact a P and not a D. Huge difference in value.

As much as I would LOVE it to be a 1916 D it is in fact a P.... NEXT TIME ???

Great finds! And your dad is inspiring....hope i am like that at his age. :icon_thumleft:

Very nice finds there Whydah & Dad! :notworthy:
Don't you just love finding the spots that nobodies found yet! :icon_thumright:

Dave

Awesome! Sounds like great times and memories with your Dad!

Your father seems to be your good luck charm. Nice finds in the water and sand.

great hunt & finds . the best part to me is sharing a common interest & time with your dad !!!!!

JD-GA said:
the man has been hunting since 1972 i think he would know the difference. :icon_scratch: willy

dfx willy said:
JD-GA said:
the man has been hunting since 1972 i think he would know the difference. :icon_scratch: willy
:) too funny

What a really great story . Me and my Dad who is 56 just started detecting together and I am thankful I have yet another hobby that he and I can enjoy together and I couldnt ask for a better MD'n partner :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Some Great New England Digs :hello2:
I love Freshwater swimming holes, I've made my best modern jewelery finds
there.
more great digs to You and Dad :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back