Oct 13, 2017
Southern Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

I’m here looking for someone with the knowledge and experience of finding lost treasure and lost mines, as well as the knowledge on how to do the right research to find these items. Preferably someone who’s a bit older and wants to pass down the knowledge they’ve gathered over the years and wants the treasure hunting skills passed down a few generations. Im 22 years old and in the military. I live in Arizona and know this is one of the better places to be for treasure hunting. I’m very eager to learn and do some runs with someone who’s just as eager to teach. If interested or have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum, and Thank You for your service!

Grew up in Arizona, riding into the Bradshaw Mountains with my Dad (up the old Swilling trail to Prescott from the north end of Lake Pleasant), when I was Seven. Lot's of lost treasures, Spanish mines, AZ Gold Rush mines. Most people DO NOT want to share their knowledge, or mentor an eager young person like you. The best place to start is your local library. Talk to the Librarian and explain the INFORMATION that you are looking to find. That usually leads to more material, and even more questions. Look at older maps of the cities or countryside you're interested in.

I'll answer any questions I can for you [email protected] but I won't tell you where to find my treasures! :skullflag:

Chiltepin

Sep 25, 2017
Southwest US
Detector(s) used
BH Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome,

I have never had an apprentice make it past the
"Wax on - Wax off" stage of training yet. No
My name is not Mr. Miagi. :laughing7:

Best to start searching the online archives. UofA
Has some of the oldest historical accounts from
Newspapers, court records, military history etc.

Last edited:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m in the United States Air Force. Why do you ask?

He's kinda joking. We get lots of new posters on here talking treasure and meaning scam. Your command of the English language marks you as not one of them imo. Welcome and best of luck in all your careers! Like the others have said, get out there and get started on your own. You'll run into like minded people and eventually youll hit it off with someone and enjoy yourself even more.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
too bad I am in indy, however I only take female apprentices anywho

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Requiem. I wish you lived in my area of rural central Texas because I need to find a trustworthy apprentice a.s.a.p. Here's my appeal on my website's Blog. You might find my site informative and helpful if you'll view all of the sections. Don't give up your search for a mentor because there are some of us out here who want to pass along what we've learned to people from younger generations. That way we can keep history and knowledge alive after we're gone.
Seeking Apprentice History Researcher/KGC Treasure Hunter - Knights of the Golden Circle

~Texas Jay

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're taking the right approach. Obviously you are eager to learn and have asked for help. Terry Solomon has an AZ and a NY Footprint. From what I heard, he can teach you a few things about finding gold. You won't find a better group than the characters we have here on TNET. Good luck buddy.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A big welcome from the great state of Connecticut. You are in a great state for treasures. Search the ghost towns and look down for snakes. Good hunting and good luck.

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Airman, I did the same as you in the mid 70's stayed in NM and enjoyed it for a couple years, Hope you stick with your dream and make it Pay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread