looking for good pin pointer for a reasonable price

I got two. The Garrett Pro Pointer is probably the most used out there. I have had pretty good service outa mine so far. There are some others, but I have no experience with them.....TR

I have a Minelab ProFind 25 and love it,very durable. I have used my husband's Garrett Pro Pointer and while it's good,it's not as sensitive to me as the Minelab and he has had a few problems with the batteries not fitting tightly as they should.

Go with a garrett pro pointer or minelab pro find they are both very good pinpointers that will get the job done right trust me. Hope this helps Gl2u :thumbsup:

I got a good deal on my Garrett pro pointer from Bart. I like it because it lets you know the closer you get to the target, so you can find it easier. I had a whites for the past 15 years.

a "Reasonably Priced" pinpointer can be bought at Harbor Freight

the lowest priced "good" pinpointer I'm aware of would be a Garrett Pro-Pointer

your choice

Don't cut corners on a pinpointer as it is vital to successful detecting. Give Bart a ring and he will hook you up. Got a Garrett but I have heard that Minelab makes a good one as well. Youtube has a video comparison regarding both of them. When fully into the hobby you will have too much invested to fall short on a pinpointer.

I am in NC and need to upgrade to using a pin pointer. Anybody got one or can suggest a good one

One big warning:I scan the threads here and when I come across a pinpointer Thread I always stop to inform buyers.
THERE ARE MANY FAKES OUT THERE!Garrett especially.Always buy from a reputable dealer. Garrett propointers?
They are great.As someone suggested,go to Youtube and get an idea of some of the advantages along with trouble shooting the Garrett propointer.A couple of identifying the fake ones videos are there also..Check it out...

Last edited:
There will be a new unit on the market from White's in a couple of weeks TRX which is said to out perform all current units.. we don't know for sure time will tell. However it is to be priced about the same as all the existing quality units. I felt that $130-$150 WAS WAY TO MUCH when I first bought my MD in Nov and went with the Harbor Freight unit ($16). After the switch is replaced it should last for a few months.. it works, but with very limited range 1/2". It was worth $16 to find out that $150 is a reasonable price for a good pin pointer that works how you will want it to work after using the cheap one.. So if you just want to try one, get the HF, can't hurt to have a backup once you get the good one in a couple of weeks after you start using the HF unit.

I have a Minelab ProFind 25 and love it,very durable. I have used my husband's Garrett Pro Pointer and while it's good,it's not as sensitive to me as the Minelab and he has had a few problems with the batteries not fitting tightly as they should.

I actually just recieved one from Garrett that was Made this year, Or at least it says 2014....and they have added some extra padding to the inside of the Battery Holder to help its connection. Its made a huge difference.

I personally use a Propointer from Garrett And as mentioned, buy from a reputable dealer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back