Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That's just south of the Jupiter wreck. Dell Winders says there is another wreck there.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually detected in front of that a few days ago.
All I found was rusty metal scraps.
It looked like they were putting in footers and corrugated metal for a sea wall or retaining wall I think they're going to be building a structure there.(pumphouse??)
I found a pocket full of clad and a few jewelry items down by the jetty.
I couldn't actually swing over the piles created from the hole since there were construction employees everywhere.

Last edited:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just south of the Jupiter wreck. Dell Winders says there is another wreck there.

that's dell setting on the back of the truck supervising!!:tongue3:

chuck

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was seriously looking at purchasing an underwater submsersible. I want to SEE what's 50' offshore and down 10 feet at the beach where I detect. The unit I was looking at did not have a remote pickup arm so I'm still looking.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone go back since to check the piles or where they had been spread around?

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did I hear my name mentioned? Dell

VANE CUTLASS.jpg

Below the sand is littered with shipwreck debris. I wouldn't doubt the possibility of them accidentally digging up a Silver bar. If they expand the hole it would be a reason to be suspicious.

Of course they would have to be secretive. I don't think it would look very favorable if it gave the appearance the State was paying the company to dig for Treasure Dell

Last edited:

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My understanding is they are installing footers for lifeguard towers.

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are probably right, that would be the logical explanation. I guess we will know when they start building the form for the concrete. I am skeptical that a lifeguard stand foundation would require a hole 10 foot deep. That's a lot of concrete. Maybe they will fill the bottom in with rock? All speculation. I haven't a clue what they are doing other than dumping sand that continuously washes out covering the Corals, clouding the water, and covering the shipwrecks. Dell

Ever wonder what happened to the VW Thing?

VW THING.jpg

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat photo.. You could probably still find a few cars in a certain spot of Peck Lake

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it might have to do with the upcoming dumping of tax dollars, errrr, sand on the beach

Funny (not haha) on the TV news they were addressing the upcoming replenishment program at Jupiter inlet and south. There's a section not getting some sand from the project (no rich homeowners?) and the Govt said that the sand that washes into the ocean from this project will carry down and fill the beach in that area!!!

WPEC-TV CBS12 News :: News - Top Stories - Beach renourishment concerns

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sand wash down the beach.......:icon_scratch: Perhaps the treasure will move along with the sand and deposit itself also?

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
2 different operations going on at Jupiter Beach. 1) Installing cement posts for the new lifeguard "pods" they are now using (so I am told) and 2) dredging the inlet and dumping the spoil on the beach. ji 01.jpg ji 02.jpg ji 03.jpg ji 04.jpg ji 05.jpg

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they're dredging the mouth of the inlet there may be a lot of stuff dumped on that beach.
The central point of the artifact recovery area is right about where the jetty is.. I wouldn't doubt that the ballast pile is directly below it

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Dumping the spoil on the beach."

Do you think dredging the inlet will make deeper treasure within reach? That would seem to me like removing overburden, gold is heavy and has a way of sinking deeper (unless there are plenty of rocks or other hard bottom to stop it).

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
inlet dredging.jpg

The dredging is not near the mouth of the inlet.

John, to answer your question....a lot of it! :censored:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice photo documentation... thank you... I may be checking it out for fossils one of these days.. Although it's probably just loose silt and sand that's filled in an area that's been dredged at least once before

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread