What's new

Loose silver halfs today

skelly9131

Full Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
124
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Hit a few banks during lunch today. One teller is thrilled that I'm buying all those loose halfs from her. She sold me about $23 worht and as she's bagging them she says, "looks like this one is pure silver, just want to make sure you know". She was right, it was a '64. Then she asks the other teller if she has any loose halfs and she does as well. She pulls out $6 worth and says "looks like these are all silver". She was right, I got 12 40% from her. They also sold me $90 of customer rolls that produced 4 more 40%.

I was just amused by the fact that they couldn't wait to get rid of those annoying loose halfs. Looks like lunch was free today, and then some. :)
 
Upvote 0
Nice! My luck is that the tellers rejoice my asking for halves, of course, they have already pilfered the silver. ffd
 
I am a teller and believe me, I pilfer all the silver I can. I go through each roll of halves that are brought in. If I can't afford to buy them, I at least re-roll them and mark them if they are all silver so if someone comes in asking we can give them out.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom