Big Tx Hunter
Greenie
- Joined
- Mar 5, 2011
- Messages
- 13
- Reaction score
- 0
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Rowlett, Texas
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett Ace 350
- #1
Thread Owner
Hi there, I am new to this whole thing and have always wanted to get into this hobby. I am picking up my Ace 350 today and wanting to head out and look for coins, rings, relics or whatever else i can find. Heck i would be happy with a couple pennies
I am wondering where the best places to start are going to be at... How can i find old maps so i can find old campsites, farm houses, Churches, heck any were really that is old and untouched.
I have driven around a lot looking for places, but not sure where to start or what would be allowed... I live in Texas so i know there has to be some nice stuff waiting to be dug up
Looking for feed back, hopefully soon because i am heading out tonight.. maybe start at the local school yards and check the tot lots, and the middle school lots.
I was told that High school football Fields are GREAT places to check for rings, your thoughts?

I am wondering where the best places to start are going to be at... How can i find old maps so i can find old campsites, farm houses, Churches, heck any were really that is old and untouched.
I have driven around a lot looking for places, but not sure where to start or what would be allowed... I live in Texas so i know there has to be some nice stuff waiting to be dug up

Looking for feed back, hopefully soon because i am heading out tonight.. maybe start at the local school yards and check the tot lots, and the middle school lots.
I was told that High school football Fields are GREAT places to check for rings, your thoughts?
I use an ace 250 and had to start at the bottom too. In fact, I'm still at the bottom 


)
hello, and welcome , i am also new to this hobby and find myself doing reseach online and at local library almost everyday, there is a ton of info there and the librarians always seem to be more then helpful getting you the info you need, happy hunting and looking forward to joining you on posting my first finds also on here.






