What's new

Lost Lake, find of a lifetime.

choo

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
833
Reaction score
2,489
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this awesome Lost Lake in Pickaway County, Ohio in a plowed over cornfield in the middle of February. I found it sticking down in the mudd at the very edge of the field. That was the best find of the year.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0917.webp
    DSCF0917.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 608
  • DSCF0918.webp
    DSCF0918.webp
    42.7 KB · Views: 596
  • DSCF0919.webp
    DSCF0919.webp
    78 KB · Views: 594
Upvote 0
That's one very nice point :thumbsup: I can't wait for fall when the fields are harvested here.

HH Charlie
 
Dovetail? Whatever it is it is a super archaic blade. I love it! They sure as sh#t do not come out of the field like that too often.
Chuck
 
wow man do I wish I could find one like it someday
that point sure is nice!
what do you think it was used for?
it looks too big to be on an arrow
 
Awesome stuff you've been posting. I'd call that a Dovetail though. :thumbsup:
 
Very nice looking point. :thumbsup:

I always enjoy seeing the excellent symmetry and workmanship on fine bifaces such as this one.
 
larson1951 said:
wow man do I wish I could find one like it someday
that point sure is nice!
what do you think it was used for?
it looks too big to be on an arrow

Atlatl I think. Or spear.
 
GL said:
larson1951 said:
wow man do I wish I could find one like it someday
that point sure is nice!
what do you think it was used for?
it looks too big to be on an arrow

Atlatl I think. Or spear.
with the serrations and beveling i say knife,very nice one
 
I agree with Ohio. I think it looks more like a Dovetail than a Lost Lake, but regardless what type it is, it's definitely a killer point.
 
A real master crafted that one. I agree with you "find of a lifetime" or at least until your next great one. :thumbsup:

BW
 
Oh, it made me catch my breath as I scrolled down. Oooh, that's pretty!

naturegirl
 
Definetly a Dove. Excellent find, congrats.

Molly
 
artorius said:
It's nice to see that museum pieces still turn up on the fields.

artorius

Agreed. This is approaching museum quality. This is one of the better finds I have seen this year.

Awesome. :thumbsup:

Randy
 
I can't tell you what it is ... but I can tell you that it is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on such a beautiful find!
 
A fine dove tail knife. It looks perfect. Got my heart beating also. Congratulations on a beautiful artifact.

TnMountains
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom