LUE MAP THEORY, MAYBE SOME CONTEXT

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
impressive work mdog.. reminds me that KVM referenced the NatGeo article on solar & star alignments of Bighorn Medicine Wheel as a LUE clue.

View attachment 2141712
Im having trouble finding the article via Google; NatGeo does a good job of locking content behind their paywall. I know I've got the article PDF on my desktop computer and will look for it and share if you need it.
Thank you and yes I would like to see that article, if it isn't too much trouble for you. I'm guessing that Von Mueller saw something in the medicine wheel that might have aligned with the Auriga constellation or it's brightest star, Capella.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Thank you Ryano for bringing this to my attention and thank you Randy for the pdf.
This is very interesting to me because it shows similarities between the medicine wheel and my Kensington Runestone mapping. This is probably the clue to the LUE that Von Mueller was talking about. If so, than it links the LUE clue to the Kensington Runestone mapping. It also shows that Von Mueller knew about the Kensington Runestone mapping.
These two pictures show the similarities between the medicine wheel and the Treasure Mountain layout.
MEDICINE WHEEL.jpg

pentagon red.jpg

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
This map shows the three dimensional pyramid represented in the upper left quadrant of the LUE clue. The two dimensional triangle of the pyramid is also represented as the large middle triangle in the bottom right quadrant.
The lines are google earth paths.
The top point of the pyramid is the location of the Kensington Runestone. Whoever constructed the layout, tried to place the runestone at the upper midpoint of the United States. This was done by choosing a latitude that could be repeated on the western and eastern boundaries of the United States and by finding the longitude that would bisect the upper United States.
The base of the pyramid on the east coast, is at St. Augustine, Florida at a latitude that is the same as the latitude of the Great Pyramids of Giza, Egypt. The founder of St. Augustine was one of Spain's greatest admirals so he might have been aware that his choice of location was on the same latitude as the pyramids in Egypt. The middle of the lower United States was found by determining the longitude that bisects the lower United States and finding the latitude on that longitude, that was the same as St. Augustine's latitude, this was at Center Point, Texas. The lower left point of the pyramid was the southwestern point of the United States.
It seems that the line of the pyramid that created the three dimensional effect, was created by running a line from the Kensington Runestone to a point on the base that was about 20% of the bases length. It was probably intentional that this line passed through West Spanish Peak and East Spanish Peak.
The parallel line that bisects the triangle is at the midpoint of the distance between the Kensington Runestone and Center Point, Texas. This line extends to Treasure Mountain in the west and Montvale, Virginia in the east.
In the upper left quadrant of the LUE clue, the parallel line at the center of the triangle is joined to the base of the triangle by a vertical line. I believe this is to show that the middle line in the triangle is the same line as the middle line located inside the arrow shaft, the line that connects Treasure Mountain to Montvale, Virginia.
pyramid yellow.jpg
lue map genuine 2.jpg

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I think I figured out the lines and bars in the upper right quadrant.
I've posted, previously, that I thought the oblong shape in the upper right quadrant was a symbol for as above so below. I also posted that the oblong shape was in the right spot on the celestial curve to cover the constellation Auriga. Auriga forms a pentagon of five stars and is used in the Treasure Mountain layout. I figured there should be something by the oblong shape to confirm Auriga as part of the LUE clue. So I started connecting points on the lines and bars in the upper right quadrant and Auriga appeared.
The Ark of the Covenant is a part of Masonic symbolism. The place on top of the Ark, between the two cherubim, is called the Golden Chariot. The name Auriga is the Latin word for Charioteer. Perhaps that's why Auriga was chosen for the Treasure Mountain layout.
lue map genuine 2.jpg

AUR.jpg

auriga.JPG

summer solstice.jpg

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I think the Kensington Runestone mapping could be plotted out in an office. I have a table size flat map of the United States that shows latitude and longitude with curved lines, like you would see on a globe. The straight line distances line up very good with what I plotted using the google earth paths. Naturally, you can't zoom in like you can on google earth, but with accurate longitudes and latitudes, points could be plotted and connected.
I think the LUE clue was plotted from east to west, because the hours on the star chart start on the right side. The star chart's coordinates are celestial, not earthly, but the numbers can be used to help decode the LUE clue. The east part of the line starts at 38 deg N latitude and 87 deg W longitude, which are the coordinates of the constellation Auriga on the star chart. That point is also, almost exact center of the line that goes from the Kensington Runestone to St. Augustine. On the west end of the parallel line is Blanca Peak and I believe that was the target point on the west.
The parallel line that bisects the Kensington Runestone triangle is important to the LUE clue. It is represented by the middle line inside the arrow shaft and borders all four quadrants of the LUE clue. In the upper left quadrant. the pyramid sits on this line and the line is also shown bisecting the pyramid. I believe the pyramid, in the upper left quadrant, represents Treasure Mountain and the peak on the pyramid is on the same plane as the middle step, which represents Blanca Peak, and Blanca Peak is on the middle line, with Treasure Mountain.
On the LUE clue. the five steps. in the upper left quadrant, represent five mountains on the Treasure Mountain layout. If you run a line over the peaks of the steps and take it on down to the lower right quadrant, it intersects the point on the middle triangle at the position where the Treasure Mountain layout is located, at about 37.5 deg N latitude and 105 deg W longitude. That line from the steps also crosses the middle line of the arrow on the 13th line of the column. That would be the 105 deg W longitude point. Check my post #58.
I know this is really complicated but if you're really interested in the LUE clue, be patient and a lot of what Von Mueller has said about the LUE, makes sense.
pyramid yellow.jpg
pentagon red.jpg

lue map genuine 2.jpg

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
On the LUE clue. the five steps. in the upper left quadrant, represent five mountains on the Treasure Mountain layout. If you run a line over the peaks of the steps and take it on down to the lower right quadrant, it intersects the point on the middle triangle at the position where the Treasure Mountain layout is located, at about 37.5 deg N latitude and 105 deg W longitude. That line from the steps also crosses the middle line of the arrow on the 13th line of the column. That would be the 105 deg W longitude point.
The second red line is an extension of the angled line at the foot of the steps that bisects one of the Sun rays. It intersects the stair line at the left side of the column on the middle line and at the column's 13th line which is at 105 deg W longitude. If you look close, the red lines intersect just to the west of the 105 deg W longitude. The middle of the Auriga layout is at 105 deg 18' W longitude.
RED LINES.jpg

lue map genuine 2.jpg

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
On the LUE clue. the five steps. in the upper left quadrant, represent five mountains on the Treasure Mountain layout. If you run a line over the peaks of the steps and take it on down to the lower right quadrant,
Damn,you are good at this stuff. :notworthy:

Patiently awaiting..

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
It seems like the Kensington Runestone mapping was created to draw your attention to specific areas in the United States and Oak Island. It seems like the LUE clue was created to introduce the Kensington Runestone mapping and to draw your attention to the San Luis Valley area of southern Colorado and northern New Mexico.
In his book, Enter the Valley, author Christopher O'Brien lists many treasure legends associated with the San Luis Valley and the mountains around it. These are the legends listed in his book.
Alex Cobsky's Lost Mine near Silver Mountain, northeast of La Veta Pass • The Arapaho Princess Treasure, near the Spanish Peaks • Caverna del Oro, on Marble Mountain • George Skinner's Lost Mine, on Horn Peak Mountain -• The Green Lost Mine, west of Red Wing, Colorado • The Lost Mine of the Greenhorn Mountains,just east of the Wet Mountain Valley • Henry Sefton's Treasure, on the east side of the Sangres • The fabled Huajatolla Gold, on the SpanishPeaks • Jack Simpson's Lost Mine, on Silver Mountain, east of La Veta, Colorado • The Jasper Lost Mine, near Red Wing • Juan Carlos's Lost Gold, on the Blanca Massif • The Lost Pick Mine of Veta Creek, north of La Veta Creek in the Huerfano • The Lost Veta Mine, north of La Veta Creekin the Huerfano • The Treasure of the Spanish Fort, twenty-fivemiles west of Walsenburg • Cannady's Murder Money, in Taos Canyon• The Chavez Lost Copper Mine, north of El Rito, New Mexico • The Grinning Skull Treasure, in the Sangres east of Taos • Gus Lawson's Lost Mine, on Taos Mountain• Juan Gallule's and Techato Martinez's Lost Mine, on Jicarita Peak • Madame Barcelo's Lost Treasure, forty miles east of Taos • Padre Mora's Treasure, Kit Carson State Park, southeast of Taos • Rio Grande Gold, on the Rio Grande, north of Taos • Simeon Turley's Lost Mine and Treasure, about twelve miles northwest of Taos • The Treasure of Tres Piedras, west of Tres Piedras, New Mexico • White's Lost Mine, near the town of Amalia, New Mexico • The Spanish Treasure of Blanca Peak, on Blanca Peak, north of Fort Garland, Colorado • The Lost Mine of Embargo Creek, east of Creede, Colorado • The Paymaster's Treasure of Fort Garland, on Trincera Creek, south of Fort Garland • The Lost Mine of Hidden Valley, near La Jara Creek, west of Capulin • The Josh Thomas Treasure, on Conejos Creek, west of Anton ito, Colorado • Manuel Torres Lost Mine, on Culebra Peak, southeast of San Luis, Colorado • Mark Bidell's Lost Lode, near Saguache Creek, northwest of Del Norte, Colorado • The Phantom Mine, Davis Gulch, six miles south of Crestone • The Lost Brother Mine, north of San Isabelle Creek • The Lost Sidney Brother Mine, Burnt Gulch, just east of Crestone • The Disappearing Sand Dunes Wagon, Great Sand Dunes National Monument • The Lost Mine of Mogate Peak, east of Creede, Colorado The Buried Treasure of Round Hill, just south of Poncha Pass • The Lost Mine in the Sangres, near Cottonwood Creek, five miles south of Crestone • The Missouri Bank Robbery Treasure, between Music and Mosca Pass • The Center [Colorado] Bank Heist Loot, north of Moffat, Colorado, at the Grey Ranch • The Lost Treasure of Treasure Mountain, east of Pagosa Springs • White's Lost Cement Mine, on Culebra Peak, Costilla County.

As you can see, there are many legends associated with this area and some are associated with the mountains in the Treasure Mountain/Auriga layout.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I've just noticed that the eastern extension of the Kensington Runestone triangle's bisecting line runs through Swift Camp Creek, which is a part of the Swift Silver Mine legend.
Here's an excerpt from one of K Y Hiker's posts.
"Yes that is from an article written by Mrs. Timmins, she claimed to have the original journal and worked and searched Swift Camp Creek in the RRG in the 1870s-90s. She is the oldest documented searcher with journal in hand. "
This location can be added to Treasure Mountain, Blanca Peak, Fort Knox and the Beale legend, as locations on the triangle's bisecting line.
swift camp.jpg

Last edited:

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
It seems like the Kensington Runestone mapping was created to draw your attention to specific areas in the United States and Oak Island. It seems like the LUE clue was created to introduce the Kensington Runestone mapping and to draw your attention to the San Luis Valley area of southern Colorado and northern New Mexico.
In his book, Enter the Valley, author Christopher O'Brien lists many treasure legends associated with the San Luis Valley and the mountains around it. These are the legends listed in his book.
Alex Cobsky's Lost Mine near Silver Mountain, northeast of La Veta Pass • The Arapaho Princess Treasure, near the Spanish Peaks • Caverna del Oro, on Marble Mountain • George Skinner's Lost Mine, on Horn Peak Mountain -• The Green Lost Mine, west of Red Wing, Colorado • The Lost Mine of the Greenhorn Mountains,just east of the Wet Mountain Valley • Henry Sefton's Treasure, on the east side of the Sangres • The fabled Huajatolla Gold, on the SpanishPeaks • Jack Simpson's Lost Mine, on Silver Mountain, east of La Veta, Colorado • The Jasper Lost Mine, near Red Wing • Juan Carlos's Lost Gold, on the Blanca Massif • The Lost Pick Mine of Veta Creek, north of La Veta Creek in the Huerfano • The Lost Veta Mine, north of La Veta Creekin the Huerfano • The Treasure of the Spanish Fort, twenty-fivemiles west of Walsenburg • Cannady's Murder Money, in Taos Canyon• The Chavez Lost Copper Mine, north of El Rito, New Mexico • The Grinning Skull Treasure, in the Sangres east of Taos • Gus Lawson's Lost Mine, on Taos Mountain• Juan Gallule's and Techato Martinez's Lost Mine, on Jicarita Peak • Madame Barcelo's Lost Treasure, forty miles east of Taos • Padre Mora's Treasure, Kit Carson State Park, southeast of Taos • Rio Grande Gold, on the Rio Grande, north of Taos • Simeon Turley's Lost Mine and Treasure, about twelve miles northwest of Taos • The Treasure of Tres Piedras, west of Tres Piedras, New Mexico • White's Lost Mine, near the town of Amalia, New Mexico • The Spanish Treasure of Blanca Peak, on Blanca Peak, north of Fort Garland, Colorado • The Lost Mine of Embargo Creek, east of Creede, Colorado • The Paymaster's Treasure of Fort Garland, on Trincera Creek, south of Fort Garland • The Lost Mine of Hidden Valley, near La Jara Creek, west of Capulin • The Josh Thomas Treasure, on Conejos Creek, west of Anton ito, Colorado • Manuel Torres Lost Mine, on Culebra Peak, southeast of San Luis, Colorado • Mark Bidell's Lost Lode, near Saguache Creek, northwest of Del Norte, Colorado • The Phantom Mine, Davis Gulch, six miles south of Crestone • The Lost Brother Mine, north of San Isabelle Creek • The Lost Sidney Brother Mine, Burnt Gulch, just east of Crestone • The Disappearing Sand Dunes Wagon, Great Sand Dunes National Monument • The Lost Mine of Mogate Peak, east of Creede, Colorado The Buried Treasure of Round Hill, just south of Poncha Pass • The Lost Mine in the Sangres, near Cottonwood Creek, five miles south of Crestone • The Missouri Bank Robbery Treasure, between Music and Mosca Pass • The Center [Colorado] Bank Heist Loot, north of Moffat, Colorado, at the Grey Ranch • The Lost Treasure of Treasure Mountain, east of Pagosa Springs • White's Lost Cement Mine, on Culebra Peak, Costilla County.

As you can see, there are many legends associated with this area and some are associated with the mountains in the Treasure Mountain/Auriga layout.
Did the author actually discuss these treasure legends in any detail or simply provided a list of them?

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
The hidden mapping alignments/geometries are like chess. The available public "treasure legend details" are like check
After the cartographer has plotted his points and patterns on the map, he can determine what has to be done in the field. Artifacts would have to be placed, landmarks and communities would have to be named or renamed and legends would have to be created. All of this would be done to either attract you to a specific area or to lure you away from a place of importance.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Does anybody know where this version of the LUE clue came from? There are two dots in the lower right quadrant, one in the center of the circle and the other at the top of the middle triangle.
lue dot.jpg

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Does anybody know where this version of the LUE clue came from? There are two dots in the lower right quadrant, one in the center of the circle and the other at the top of the middle triangle.
View attachment 2143412
This is the ORIGINAL printed in the 1966 version of the THM #7. If it's missing the dots, it's an incomplete replica.

The dot-free version was published in the RAM versions of THM #7 after KvM sold the rights to them. Not sure how or why the map got altered, but if you want to solve the LUE the version you have here is THE version to use.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
This is the ORIGINAL printed in the 1966 version of the THM #7. If it's missing the dots, it's an incomplete replica.

The dot-free version was published in the RAM versions of THM #7 after KvM sold the rights to them. Not sure how or why the map got altered, but if you want to solve the LUE the version you have here is THE version to use.
Yes, the one I was using is the one I saw in the Ram book. I figured that it must be the original. I've commented on the dots before but they were on the LUE clue that showed a lot of characters added to the clue. Thank you, Randy.
This version goes well with my theory. The dot at the top of the triangle, in the lower right quadrant, is the position of the Kensington Runestone on my mapping. The dot in the center of the circle, in the left triangle, is the alchemical symbol for gold.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
This is going to be my super short interpretation of the LUE clue.

First of all, I think the LUE clue is Masonic

I think the LUE clue dates to the mid 1930's, for a couple of reasons. The small triangle in the lower right quadrant was engineered after 1908. And, my Kensington Runestone mapping shows important lines intersecting at Fort Knox, the location of the United States Bullion Depository. The U.S. Treasury announced it's decision to build the depository during June of 1935.

I believe the shallow curved line on the LUE clue directs you to the San Luis Valley in south central Colorado.

I think the arrow, in the LUE clue, directs you back to the east from the San Luis Valley to Fort Knox.

The only thing that I can see that would indicate treasure, on the LUE clue, is the symbol for gold, a circle with a dot in it's center, in the left triangle on the lower right quadrant of the LUE clue. However, in the 1930's, the Masons would have been well established in Colorado, so. any treasure related information, could be shared with fellow Masons, from outside the region.

This is just my theory, and subject to change.

Please feel free to share your thoughts.

lue dot.jpg

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Here's something to consider about the LUE clue. What if the LUE clue was a warning about the gold confiscation that took place in 1933 and for years after. I think FDR was a Mason and, from what I understand, Masons take care of their own. Would he, or somebody in his administration, warn fellow Masons with some coded illustration that was indecipherable, except to a few, in the know? Perhaps, even before construction was started on the depository at Fort Knox. The message would have been, hide it or lose it. That might explain the large number of treasure legends associated with the San Luis Valley region. Masonic caches hidden from the federal government. I wonder if Von Mueller and company, lumped all of these legends together and hid them under one big umbrella called the LUE. When Von Mueller said that some of the LUE treasure had been recovered, perhaps he meant that treasure associated with San Luis Valley treasure legends had been found.
I think sdcfia might have suggested something like this, long ago.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's something to consider about the LUE clue. What if the LUE clue was a warning about the gold confiscation that took place in 1933 and for years after. I think FDR was a Mason and, from what I understand, Masons take care of their own. Would he, or somebody in his administration, warn fellow Masons with some coded illustration that was indecipherable, except to a few, in the know? Perhaps, even before construction was started on the depository at Fort Knox. The message would have been, hide it or lose it. That might explain the large number of treasure legends associated with the San Luis Valley region. Masonic caches hidden from the federal government. I wonder if Von Mueller and company, lumped all of these legends together and hid them under one big umbrella called the LUE. When Von Mueller said that some of the LUE treasure had been recovered, perhaps he meant that treasure associated with San Luis Valley treasure legends had been found.
I think sdcfia might have suggested something like this, long ago.
Yeah, at one time I figured Von Mueller may have been a KGC propagandist and had something to do with the LUE treasure legend being a cover story for a large cache in the Purgatoire River upper basin. Treasure of the Valley of Secrets entered into it too. My old pal the late JW put that bug in my ear, as I recall. He was deep into the KGC lore and other interesting stuff. JW would have been very interested in your mapping. In fact, he was the one who tipped me off on the importance of place names.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions