LUE Treasure

squatch94

Tenderfoot
Feb 22, 2005
newbie here :-\ , been researching different treasure legends in Colorado and I've come across the topic of the LUE Treasure. Now I know the basics of it and how the map was most broadly introduced by Karl Von Mueller in one of his books but how else can one confirm information out there about the 'known' details like @ treasuremaster.com? I guess I'd like to start a good thread on this subject if there are any Hunters out there experienced and knowledgable on this legend.

Thanks to anyone that contributes.

squatch94

Attachments

• luemap.jpg
    luemap.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 3,623

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Good Luck for I have been looking for info on the lue treasure myself so if there is any one that can help Please ;)Buck

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
:D I sure hate to say this, because of all of the "Furior" >:( that will result...
BUT!
KVM, and a partner of his dreamed ::) this one up!
If you doubt this, ??? contact Mrs. M. !
I got this/my information from a very close, personal friend of Karl's/Mine!

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Hi Buck:
Say!
I am just about totally packed up and have all of the equipment in running shape!
I hope to be heading out this coming week end!
Besides, A site in The Caballo Mnts. (central NM.), I am going to be over, in an area close to the AZ/NM Border, east of Escudilla Mnt.
That's SSE of Springerville.
And from there, I am heading south to a really REMOTE :-\ area, near where the Blue and the San Francisco Rivers meet!
Have you heard ??? anything of a gold deposit/mine, story/legend in that area?
I have, But! I can't remember :P all of the details!

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
cptbil said:
Hi Buck:
Say!
I am just about totally packed up and have all of the equipment in running shape!
I hope to be heading out this coming week end!
Besides, A site in The Caballo Mnts. (central NM.), I am going to be over, in an area close to the AZ/NM Border, east of Escudilla Mnt.
That's SSE of Springerville.
And from there, I am heading south to a really REMOTE? ?:-\? area, near where the Blue and the San Francisco Rivers meet!
Have you heard? ???? anything? of a gold deposit/mine, story/legend in that area?
I have, But! I can't remember? ?:P? all of the details!
hey Bill glad to hear from you I am about ready to wrap it up for the summer and hibernate till the weather changes again as for I really don't have any thing going keep in touch Buck

Seajay

Jul 6, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Garrett's CX w/Bloodhound, GTA 500, Whites PI
Squatch,

KVM wrote a fairly extensive article in the Vol. 6, No. 2 Oct-Nov 1969 of the NPG. This should be of help to you. Don't pay attention to those who would discredit the treasure's existence and/or von Mueller's character and reputation. Makes one wonder what their motives are. Hope this helps.

Seajay

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Gladyce Miller passed away. Doubt the family would want to be pestered by folks trying to call the sage of segundo a fraud. I don't have addresses for the family members but I know where they are located. exanimo, ss

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Seajay what kind of info do you have on the big lue treasure for I have been looking for clues of the lue treasure off & on For over 12 years now so if you have any thing that you would like to share I am open to any and all options I sure would appreciate then also I do live in the four corners area.
Buck

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cptbil & Duke are probably correct, that the most likely origin of the "Lue Treasure" is KVM's imagination. That would not mean KVM is a fraud, only that he has a sense of humor. It's rather obvious the map is fiction, not only from the cartoonish appearance, but also from the overwhelming lack of text that accompanied the map in THM #7.

I mentioned to Lue believers on another forum, that if you want to know the truth, simply try to find a reference to the Lue that predates THM #7. If it turns out this book was the very first time ever that the map appeared, and the very first mention ever of the Lue, then you've likely found its origin. Smile, and move on. :)

- Carl

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cptbil & Duke are probably correct, that the most likely origin of the "Lue Treasure" is KVM's imagination. That would not mean KVM is a fraud, only that he has a sense of humor. It's rather obvious the map is fiction, not only from the cartoonish appearance, but also from the overwhelming lack of text that accompanied the map in THM #7.

I mentioned to Lue believers on another forum, that if you want to know the truth, simply try to find a reference to the Lue that predates THM #7. If it turns out this book was the very first time ever that the map appeared, and the very first mention ever of the Lue, then you've likely found its origin. Smile, and move on.? :)

- Carl
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A)? HI again Carl:? In general I agree with you as usual, however --I have some documents on Tayopa which are still unknown except for three people.? Until I am through with them, they will never be made public for obvious reasons? If included in my book, they would not pass your test.

I? do? know that most authors used literary llicense in many of their stories.? ?Rose, Dobie, and the othes were not above this, Remember they wrote for profit, dull reading does not sell? sooooo.

Yes I agree, some wrote? as factually as they could, almost like reading? a stock report,? very informative,? but sigh.?

Hasta CARL

Jose de La Mancha (I tilt windmills)

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
well I have to agree with carl & cptbill I think that it is just a BIG JOKE myself for after reading the treasure hunter#7 I have not found any thing that I can go with. so far it has been all talk and no action please prove me wrong Buck

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Seajay said:
Squatch,

? ? KVM wrote a fairly extensive article in the Vol. 6, No. 2 Oct-Nov 1969 of the NPG.? ?This should be of help to you.? Don't pay attention to those who would discredit the treasure's existence and/or von Mueller's character and reputation.? Makes one wonder what their motives are. Hope this helps.?

Seajay
Hey seajay what did this fairly extensive article in the vol.6,no.2 oct-nov 1969 of the NPG say? please tell me Buck

Roaddog

Jun 8, 2005
Galveston, TX
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep in mind too that KVM, in #6, basically says that he thought treasure maps are useless and most are fakes.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Karl's files were rifled and his library was burned by the culprits about six months before he died. That's one reason why there will never be another KvM. Nobody cares for the little guy like he did and no one was treated as shabbily as he was. exanimo, ss

golden mean

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2005
Hi everyone,

I'm new here but I have enjoyed reading all of your opinions. I read somewhere that the LUE map was published in a book around 1917 or 1918. Does anyone have info about this?

golden mean

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
OK Guys--- If the Lue treasure is NOT someones imagination, then what signs/markers should you look for??? would they be the same as in the map ??? Pyramid, Pillar, etc. so far from what I have seen in post it's all scientific and there seems to be several different locations. If flown in how large of an airfield would they need??? Planes probably weren't too fast in those days, so I'd think just a small landing strip to land but, a longer one for take off cause of weight ???

Jacko

Sherlock

Nov 7, 2005
squatch94, I would love to know where Hard Rock Hammond found the LUE document. It IS NOT a creation from Karl Von Mueller! Why do I say this? It is obvious that many others including the Captain say Karl created it. If he created it why did he spin his wheels confoundly spending good money to find it?

In my opinion Karl put this LUE in his Treasure Hunter's manuel #7 with no information because he was despertly fishing for information on the LUE document which Karl himself named.

I think this is the truth because if you read his book Treasure Of The Valley Of secrets, you will see how aloft Karl was in solving the LUE document. Karl was the only man that had LUE rock carving information sent to him by his subscribers and supporters that were searching also.

Karl had what you and I never had without a lot of hard work. You will see these rock carvings and symbols in his book. The LUE isn't really like a document or puzzle in the normal sense of the word solution. The LUE was created to not solved purposely. These LUE people associates actually put rock carvings in the field that could be found by searchers iF they had the right area to search. The finders of this evidence sent records to Karl ater they themselves scratched their heads sore wondering what these carvings meant. Each carving, you will see in this book, is an altered LUE expression.

Karl had all of this information and he still didn't solve the LUE or find any treasure that he thought may have been associated with the LUE. Whether or not the LUE is believed to be legitimate by people, Karl never solved it to know what the truth of it was.

Karl stated that there were numerous caches associated with the LUE and that many of these alleged caches were found.

This is all silly statements, because if one had never solved this encryption drawing then how in the heavens would he know there were numerous LUE caches found by many people who also didn't know a thing about the LUE either. Now, this part of the printed matter about the LUE is as much of a puzzle as the LUE document itself.

I say this because I read and studied Karl's book on this very subject. See what you learn from his book? He had more information on the LUE then anyone else.

Grab a copy of Treasure In The Valley Of Secrets or talk to the people that own this rare book. See what their opion is of what Karl was able to master, if anything, on the LUE document search.
Sherlock

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread