M.C. Rice found a treasure map inside a pocket watch in 1934?

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Various Seismic generators and magnetic anomoly detector equipment (MADs).
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My good friend, Captain Kidd is rumor to buried many treasures in Connecticut. None are true.

I believe the stories are wrong, but do believe there is a treasure in CT. There is a dig I am working, not near any shipbuilding enterprises of the day, where old seventeenth century ship hardware has been recovered. There are reasons to believe the hardware was recovered from an existing ship by fire. Now unless there were burning shipwrecks here in CT., I believe the hardware was brought and left there from some other location. And one piece was found in an unusual location, and could only have been put there by human hands. I theorise it may have been meant to be a sign or marker for something.

Oooppps! Sorry! This is not the right thread for this subject.

You got me flustered HS. Ha-ha

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Various Seismic generators and magnetic anomoly detector equipment (MADs).
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
# 21 has me total confused and it is not a laughing matter.

I am not laughing!

Kidd and his crew burned a ship to reclaim the hardware off the ship, which at the time was very valuable. I found handmade iron hardware which was once embedded in oak and bent over, then again, the tip bent inward (which is part of how ships were made back then). The only way this could have been removed from the oak timbers, and still retain the shape it would have had as part of a ship, would be to burn the timbers off the metal. So at least one item came from an old seventeenth century ship of some kind, and judging by the size it was a pretty large vessel, not just a small sloop, and larger than a frigate.

Hand forged iron has very distinctive properties which changed as it was worked and heated. Once useful and of sufficient strength and temper, when reheated in an uncontrolled fashion would take on a unique crystaline structure which was obvious was not "worked", but still retained it's shape. So the one piece I tested was in a fire or similar conflagration.

As soon as I get some of the wood looked at I will know more I have researched the origins of the woods used in Kidd's ships and the wood can be compared to know examples. This is the science of Dendrochronology and is one of the tests they are performing on the wood of the suspected Kidd vessel found off Madagascar.

Last edited:

Dshow

Jun 18, 2018
Brunswick, Ga
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Aquanut Cocos is mysterious as legend supposed it to be.

Its rare day its not raining the humidity is about a hundred percent. You feel ya breathing water on the island

View attachment 1059110

Heading toward Chatham bay you will see Conic island some times also called Uiloa on the left below

View attachment 1059111

Inside Chatham bay in picture below the island to the right is Breakfast island known on the old charts. Today it mainly known as Manuelita Isalnd

View attachment 1059112

Landing on the shore is hazardous as large boulders are strewn across the beach

View attachment 1059114

The boulder and rocks around the bay are whos who of history of ship who have come to island to hunt treasure or whalers to get water.

View attachment 1059113

The creek below flows into Chatham bay. The creek heads in between two mountains. Its at given point you should branch off to the right which will lead to cave half way up the hill.

View attachment 1059118

This is the bay shown in watch. Paul Stachwick of Huron. He and S D Gordon Brawner of Springfeild Ill, and elmer J Palliser of San Diego California was allegedly cast away on Cocos island. In fact it was ruse to make an illegal search as they had no permission to search Cocos from the Costarican Authorities. They were picked up by the vessel Sacramento sent from Balboa Panama in 1931. The directions are fairly well known by hundreds of searchers over the years Paul Stanwick was just one of many.

Mr Rice it seems never made it to the island. All part of the lore of an amazing island.

Crow

This is not a hoax of any kind. I have come across the very watch that contains the treasure map. I currently have it in my possession and will gladly talk to anybody who is serious about it's whereabouts.

Dshow

Jun 18, 2018
Brunswick, Ga
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0118.jpg IMG_0119.jpg IMG_0120.jpg IMG_0121.jpg IMG_0122.jpg IMG_0123.jpg

This is it folks. This is the watch. As you can see I now have proof of this watch. I did not take pictures of the map itself for obvious reasons. If anybody has any extra or new information please contact me. Serious inquiries only please. This is a huge opportunity don't pass this up.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1614840 View attachment 1614841 View attachment 1614842 View attachment 1614843 View attachment 1614844 View attachment 1614845

This is it folks. This is the watch. As you can see I now have proof of this watch. I did not take pictures of the map itself for obvious reasons. If anybody has any extra or new information please contact me. Serious inquiries only please. This is a huge opportunity don't pass this up.

Hi D....Is this map engraved in the watch or is it on paper/fabric?

Could you please block out some pertinent information that you're alluding to being on the map... Then post a picture of the map? I'm assuming that's why you don't wanna post a photo showing identifying markers. I understand that..just block out a couple of identifying landmarks.

That's not the same watch that's in the attachment photo/article on post #2 or photo on post #9. Is this a different map/watch legend?

Just Curious About This Legend(s).

Thank You,
Kace

Last edited:

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Dshow

It does seem odd the Watch you claiming to be the real one is totally different from the picture? If you do not show some part of the map, I doubt serious researchers are going to jump at making any realistic offers? Even on slim chance the alleged map is real. The island in question is off limits to treasure hunters. So in effect a moot point other than an interest historical curio. You have to question make clear your intentions. You can visit the island but cannot treasure hunt there now. So in effect in that respect worthless other than a fascinating historical curio?

Mal

Dshow

Jun 18, 2018
Brunswick, Ga
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

If you look at the pictures I provided you can start to see how the watch works. Obviously I'm not going to put everything that the watch tells up here but it does start to show itself just look.

Of course the watch I possess looks different from the watch in the article. The picture in the article is simply a drawing what somebody thought it look like. Now if they would have had it in their possession then the drawings would have been different. But because they didn't they just drew what they thought it could look like.

The bottom line is that I'm not giving drawings or guessing. It's the real life thing.

And about the location... Nobody really knows what island it's on. The stories about M.C Rice never said anything about the Coco islands. That was a totally different story and people are getting things mixed up.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello,

If you look at the pictures I provided you can start to see how the watch works. Obviously I'm not going to put everything that the watch tells up here but it does start to show itself just look.

Of course the watch I possess looks different from the watch in the article. The picture in the article is simply a drawing what somebody thought it look like. Now if they would have had it in their possession then the drawings would have been different. But because they didn't they just drew what they thought it could look like.

The bottom line is that I'm not giving drawings or guessing. It's the real life thing.

And about the location... Nobody really knows what island it's on. The stories about M.C Rice never said anything about the Coco islands. That was a totally different story and people are getting things mixed up.

D...I don't think the watch is a drawing in the Magazine photo... the rest yes. I could be wrong... I'm not an artist. However the article states that It Is The M.C. Rice Watch and not an artists rendering.

I've looked at your watch and I don't see anything but an old pocket watch that I have one very similar to. That's where these experts on time pieces here can be invaluable to you.

If you're not willing to give these guys who are more knowledgeable any more information regarding provenance, more information or even anymore photos... Then all I can say is Good Luck! They've gotta have something to work with.

If you think stories are getting messed up... then tell your story and get everyone on the same page.

I will say that anytime I've had a question about something almost everyone here that has knowledge of the subject has been more than willing to help. I'd hate to see you pass up an opportunity like this. I'm glad I didn't.

Anyway...Your Watch, Your Decision.

Kace

Dshow

Jun 18, 2018
Brunswick, Ga
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know the source or newspaper that this article came from. On the website it does not show the source of where the article came from.

Dshow

Jun 18, 2018
Brunswick, Ga
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I am up here is to find knowledgeable contacts that can help with what I have. There are many stories that are up here that confuses people. At the end of the day this watch that I have is very valuable. This time piece is a part of history. Watchmakers, antiques dealers, archaeologist, any and everybody that would know something more about this watch.

Some of the information that is here does not have a source along with it. But then again the proof is in the pudding and I have the watch.

Contact me

Dshow

Jun 18, 2018
Brunswick, Ga
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
left hand corner of article is the info, the link says modern mechanix blog too
Modern Mechanix
Issue: Feb, 1934
Posted in: General

Posted: 10/24/2008
?Treasure Map? Discovered in Old Watch | Modern Mechanix

Thank you for posting this information. I have no issues with the story itself. The problem I have is with the illustration/drawing. It is clearly a drawing of what they thought the watch looked like. People are believing that the watch in the photo is an actual picture. All this means is that they had the story but did not have the watch to take the picture so they drew a picture of one.

Dshow

Jun 18, 2018
Brunswick, Ga
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go again --

People who usually say "here we go again" brings negative energy to the post. That is not why I'm here. I was looking to find open minded people to share information and get in contact with me about this. It seems here that some folks like to oppose certain finds that people have(to make them prove a point) and I get that. I was asked to provide pictures of my item and that's exactly what I did. I provided proof that I have this watch in my possession. The people who doubt or have negative feelings about this are the ones on the outside looking in. What I have is real and I want to interact with real people with open minds that know something about what they do.

Thanks

Dshow

Jun 18, 2018
Brunswick, Ga
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So treasurenet deleted my thread that I started about finding the watch. It was reaching over 7,000 views in such a short time. I was simply looking to contact people. But in that time came jealous reactions and negative criticism which I believe became a cause to my thread being shut down. But I'm leveling up anyway so good life to you all. Good Hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool watch follow the map

Dshow

Jun 18, 2018
Brunswick, Ga
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I heard there are new owners here on this website... Well I hope that to be true and I also hope that they are more open minded to help those that are looking for information among other things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread