mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evening all, good to see Tnet's back on. I had today off so i did some bank hopping. Seemed like every bank either didn't have any or just sold them yesterday. One silver dime later, i was getting discouraged at the lack of half dollars and was ready to call it quits. Wanted to stop at 1 more bank and made it with 10 minutes to spare. Asked the usual question and the teller had one roll which i bought. That roll,btw,was all clad. She asked the other teller and she had $60.00 more. Wasn't expecting anything special until she opened the end of one roll and mentioned it was silver! I couldn't hand the cash over fast enough as everything started getting a little dark. The writing on the rolls tells it all! Opened 1 roll in the truck and poured out 20 Walkers into my shaking hand. ;D Held off opening the rest until I got home and got pics of the unopened rolls, then my wife and i went to town opening the rest. Results, 4 solid rolls of Walkers and 2 solid rolls of bens! My best bank stop yet! No rare dates but there is a dark film on the edges and on the face of a few of the enders which leads me to believe they were in those wrappers for a long time. The good stuff's still out there. Thanks for reading, enjoy the pics. MM2

Attachments

• DSCN3847.JPG
    DSCN3847.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 951
  • DSCN3848-1.JPG
    DSCN3848-1.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 950
  • DSCN3849-1.JPG
    DSCN3849-1.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 946
  • DSCN3850-1.JPG
    DSCN3850-1.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 952
  • DSCN3851-1.JPG
    DSCN3851-1.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 947
  • DSCN3852-1.JPG
    DSCN3852-1.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 950
  • DSCN3853-1.JPG
    DSCN3853-1.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 949
  • DSCN3854-1.JPG
    DSCN3854-1.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 923
  • DSCN3855-1.JPG
    DSCN3855-1.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 950
  • DSCN3858-2.JPG
    DSCN3858-2.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 851
Upvote 0
That is one for the books iam so happy for you i love to find the walkers enjoy it because that a great find . HAPPY HUNTING :headbang: RON

That. Is. Awesome!
If that were divided up into 50 bank pickups in a year for me I would still think. Awesome! :icon_thumright:
Any key dates?

I'm more shocked that the tellers gave them to you after seeing and saying that they're silver. WOW.. nice haul.. any good dates on the walkers?

Awesome! mountainman glad to see you hit the silver and love those pictures :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH...Miner

CardsNCoins said:
Nice score. I did a little hunting around Kearny, Clark, Cranford and Bayonne recently. Was I close to that score you hit? ;D
I usually search the sussex, passaic, morris county area. Thanks for all the responses.
maine_Jim said:
It still amazes me when I hear that a bank teller just handed someone $1100 like that. I know that feeling too when you see that first roll spill out in your hand. It is one of disbelief for a moment then the big smile spreads on your face as you look at the rest of the rolls.... :headbang: too bad it is so infrequent but it sure makes it special! Thanks for sharing.

Maine_Jim
I'm surprised myself Jim. My face must have turned 20 shades of pale when she opened the end of the roll. I'll consider it an early birthday present, i turn 50 next monday. :) No rare dates, mostly 40s and a few 30s.

WOW!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!! STUNNING!!!!!!! Awesome score!!!! WTG!!!!!

Happy early Birthday!!!!!!!

Pretty, Pretty, and oh so Pretty. :angel1:

apush :read2:

Very nice! I've had tellers tell me "there are silver coins in there!" and still give them to me. Way to go!!!!!!!!!!

I would mostly likely fall over dead, if that happened to me. That source may not be trapped out yet! They might be bringing in a few at a time. Super find.

WOW doesn't even come close to what I feel right now. That would be one heck of a start on a Dansco Walker book and you got all of them for .50 a piece. Doesn't get any better than that.... :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

I too say "awesome score". Good job persevering. I know the coins are better back east, but this was awesome even by your standards! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks for all your replies. I still can't believe these were just sitting there and the teller didn't keep them for herself. She seemed to be interested in the fact that they were silver but didn't seem to care beyond that. She probably didn't know their true value and I wasn't going to educate her on it. Anyway, thanks again. Good luck in all your searches. MM2

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. Had a score of three rolls just like that. 90% silver WRITTEN one of the rolls. According to the teller those rolls were sitting in the vault for a while. Same branch also gave me two rolls of quarters, 10 rolls of dimes and now it seems tapped.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back