All the halves dumped go into a closed loop system. There are two ways of marking halves, the dumb way, these are people who just randomly mark them, these are the types that like a dog, has to piss on everything they see, its pointless and only confirms the fact that yes they are in a closed system.
It has already been proven many times that yes you can get your dumps back?
It has also been proven that a magic marker does not magicly repell silver. You will find silver with marked halves.
If someone wants to know how long it takes to get halves back, it just depends.
For example I did a test back in march, putting a sticker with a date and serial number on the coin. I made one per $1000 of halves dumped.
Sure enough, just 2 months later I got the same coin that I knew was mine, I had information, I knew the number of the coin, and the date it was dumped, and how long it took to come back.
that particularbatch took just two months, and there was loads of silver mixed in with it.
What does this prove? well you get your stinkin halves back, but it also proves that no matter how much you search and dump, you cant stop others from depositing silver along with your dumps. Hence, marking halves, espeicaly with a magic marker is utterly pointless and a waste of time.
Most marking is done by poorer CHR that dont do the volume others do and cant wrap there head around these concepts, there dumps get snatched up by the bigger players, searched just the same, any mixed silver gets pulled and taken, and its on to the next batch.
I have searched my own dumps many times. But thats ok, I still find parts of collections and silver. The tracking coins proved it. As well as other peoples piss marks and holed coins I see over and over again.
know this so you dont waste your time, every 50k in halves that adds up all gets mixed together and rerolled into a pallet, Does not matter if its dumps or silver bearing. It all gets rerolled and sent out.
Between Mark and myself we clear at least 50k a month together in differnet parts of our state. Yes, we get eachothers dumps, but have also gotten some of the same collections as well. Even when we dump 20 to 50k in halves a week, any other bags that come in get mixed in with the rest,and with it silver.
Now, I know there are other CHR in my local as well, all totaled, who knows how much gets searched. But every week more is out there. Although less and less of late, new stuff is hitting the system all time.
So long as people are getting old, dieing, desperate etc and coins get deposited, silver is added into the mix.