Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
S

stefen

Unfortunately, hiding a computer is not like the old days when you could hide a Playboy in your text book ;D

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Since this is not comedy central... I'll give you a straight reply.

Hit her on the head, and "T-Net your ass off" till she comes back around... then, act like you don't know what the hell happened. 8)

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Wellllllllllllll...speaking on behalf of most women, I agree, you have to give her atleast ONE MOVIE NIGHT!

I'm on the computer all the time (with genealogy and researching)...but hubby and I both enjoy metal detecting and movies!!!

He use to complain I was on the computer all the time....I told him to go fishing!!! I don't like fishing and he could care less about the genealogy!!!

But get your wife to detect with you a few times....maybe she'll get hooked. Hubby and I were both hooked, based on our love of history, so there was no convincing each other about the hobby. Bet if you get her to join you...she'll have a blast!

Hubby and I make it a game on who finds the most coins (clad) and who gets the first jewelry of the day, etc....but I do all the posting, cause that's just the way it is!

But give her 2-3 hours one night a week for movies....that's not asking alot...is it? ;)

Good luck on the movie night and good luck getting your wife interested in detecting...but watch it...she may become so addicted to it...you both will be fighting over the computer on who gets to post the days finds!!!!!

Happy Hunting,
Annmarie

Spidey

Feb 20, 2007
Omaha
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'm sorry, I like finding cool stuff with the MD...but a movie night with my wife and the associated activities beats metal detecting any day.

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Montana Jim said:
Since this is not comedy central... I'll give you a straight reply.

Hit her on the head, and "T-Net your ass off" till she comes back around... then, act like you don't know what the hell happened. 8)

I tried a more calm approach.... I gave her a xanax after a hard days work and turned on Judge hatchett.Yep..... out like a light bulb.

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Ron and Ann said:
Wellllllllllllll...speaking on behalf of most women, I agree, you have to give her atleast ONE MOVIE NIGHT!

I'm on the computer all the time (with genealogy and researching)...but hubby and I both enjoy metal detecting and movies!!!

He use to complain I was on the computer all the time....I told him to go fishing!!! I don't like fishing and he could care less about the genealogy!!!

But get your wife to detect with you a few times....maybe she'll get hooked. Hubby and I were both hooked, based on our love of history, so there was no convincing each other about the hobby. Bet if you get her to join you...she'll have a blast!

Hubby and I make it a game on who finds the most coins (clad) and who gets the first jewelry of the day, etc....but I do all the posting, cause that's just the way it is!

But give her 2-3 hours one night a week for movies....that's not asking alot...is it? ;)

Good luck on the movie night and good luck getting your wife interested in detecting...but watch it...she may become so addicted to it...you both will be fighting over the computer on who gets to post the days finds!!!!!

Happy Hunting,
Annmarie
Thanks!!!!! but don't think she would ever pick up a MD, just not her......She can spend the whole weekend watching them trading spaces and fixing the garden at every turn. .Acturally we have two movie nights.

I think she's more concern with who I'm talking to....." Is she perrty???" she teases and giggles.
Other wise I don't think she really cares. "Genealogy" now thats intresting....is this a hobbie or work?

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
You have to remember "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". Wait 'til you find a great piece of jewelry and give it to her...bet she lightens up a little then. ;D

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
savant365 said:
You have to remember "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". Wait 'til you find a great piece of jewelry and give it to her...bet she lightens up a little then. ;D
She has plenty.....Vacation time.Peak season is over and it is off to Utah in an RV for a few weeks!
She likes hiking, I like......you know. I'm sure we can work it out.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Ah....that's good...two movie nights...infact, Eureka's new season is on tonight...so that's hubby's and my show....we love that show...excited about the new season!!! So, I'll be off the computer at 9 EST for the start of the new season!!!

OH, I love Trading Spaces and love to watch things about gardens and such...trying to figure out what to do with that jungle hubby calls a "backyard" LOL....

Genealogy...OMG...I live, eat, breathe, everything genealogy!!! I love the history of people!!! I have been doing it for over 20 yrs...ah, more like over 30....since 1973/74 (while in my last year of high school)...Alex Haley actually was my inspriration to do my family search, after watching roots.

It's a hobby for me.....I feel it's important for my kids to know from where they come from, it may help them decide on the direction they want to go. I love helping others get started on their family search. Infact, one TNet member, I'm helping him (even though I have taken the summer off...will start again when school starts) research his roots, his ties in with the Wright Brothers!!!

There are so many sources on the net, especially if you live outside your families planting grounds!!! Always start with yourself first and then work on your parents and siblings, then your aunts and uncles and grandparents.....it's lots of fun and very time consuming, if you allow it to be!!!

Hubby asked me one time, "When are you going to be done with this genealogy thing?" ... I said, "When people stop dying and when babies are no longer born." A tree is always branching and as the branches age, they fall off!

I'd be happy to get ya'll started if you like, just PM me....but I won't do full force till school starts.

As for MD'ing....ask her to try it just once, go out for the day with you.....(even if you have to plant something exciting for her to find....shhhh, I won't tell ;)).

Enjoy the movie and Happy Hunting,
Annmarie

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Well if she likes gardening, tell her that your digging is aerating the soil, and helping mother earths garden overall. so you too, are taking up her hobbies, not to mention, digging that horrible trash and useless old coins out of mother earths skin.

Seriously though, spend some time with her, once a week isn't too bad to keep her out of your hair. Who knows you might get a piece of a$$ out of it too.

Aaron

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
Ahhhhhh grasshopper...you must deploy reverse psychology.meaning, find something that annoys her, say....buy a cheap electric guitar and jam away.....you'll either get a frying pan to the skull or she'll boot ya out and tell you to go outside and do something-----on a serious note.....a movie night is cool.....as long as it'snot grease or the bridges of madison county ;)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit her on the head, and "T-Net your ass off" till she comes back around... then, act like you don't know what the hell happened.
Jim, I like the way you think. Chick Flicks are the bane of real men and you may have to sit through a few movies. Make a lot of trips to the kitchen to get her a drink or chips so you can wipe your eyes from them girl movies......

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rommelvon said:
Ahhhhhh grasshopper...you must deploy reverse psychology.meaning, find something that annoys her, say....buy a cheap electric guitar and jam away.....you'll either get a frying pan to the skull or she'll boot ya out and tell you to go outside and do something-----on a serious note.....a movie night is cool.....as long as it'snot grease or the bridges of madison county ;)

Hey he is trying to stay married I think ;D

Anyway hubby thinks I spend too much time on the computer too, so when ever I am not on the computer like during his football games, or him watching cops, I annoy the hell out of him so now he's glad that I am on the computer instead of interupting his fav. pastimes.

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Ron and Ann said:
Ah....that's good...two movie nights...infact, Eureka's new season is on tonight...so that's hubby's and my show....we love that show...excited about the new season!!! So, I'll be off the computer at 9 EST for the start of the new season!!!

OH, I love Trading Spaces and love to watch things about gardens and such...trying to figure out what to do with that jungle hubby calls a "backyard" LOL....

Genealogy...OMG...I live, eat, breathe, everything genealogy!!! I love the history of people!!! I have been doing it for over 20 yrs...ah, more like over 30....since 1973/74 (while in my last year of high school)...Alex Haley actually was my inspriration to do my family search, after watching roots.

It's a hobby for me.....I feel it's important for my kids to know from where they come from, it may help them decide on the direction they want to go. I love helping others get started on their family search. Infact, one TNet member, I'm helping him (even though I have taken the summer off...will start again when school starts) research his roots, his ties in with the Wright Brothers!!!

There are so many sources on the net, especially if you live outside your families planting grounds!!! Always start with yourself first and then work on your parents and siblings, then your aunts and uncles and grandparents.....it's lots of fun and very time consuming, if you allow it to be!!!

Hubby asked me one time, "When are you going to be done with this genealogy thing?" ... I said, "When people stop dying and when babies are no longer born." A tree is always branching and as the branches age, they fall off!

I'd be happy to get ya'll started if you like, just PM me....but I won't do full force till school starts.

As for MD'ing....ask her to try it just once, go out for the day with you.....(even if you have to plant something exciting for her to find....shhhh, I won't tell ;)).

Enjoy the movie and Happy Hunting,
Annmarie
I hear you.... it's important not to forget where we came from.I like most of the reality shows like Big brother etc other wise i'm Mding..

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
savant365 said:
She has plenty? I bet if I asked her she would like more anyway...lol. Have a fun trip, HH and good luck Charlie

I... would for sure.

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Ascholten said:
Well if she likes gardening, tell her that your digging is aerating the soil, and helping mother earths garden overall. so you too, are taking up her hobbies, not to mention, digging that horrible trash and useless old coins out of mother earths skin.

Seriously though, spend some time with her, once a week isn't too bad to keep her out of your hair. Who knows you might get a piece of a$$ out of it too.

Aaron

There's no might about it.That is a mutual understanding.

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
rommelvon said:

Thats a good idea....I've always wanted a drum set.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread