Mayan Temple

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLA: go relocate this Mayan temple that I found in 55-56. Gain fame and fortune, Malaria/Dengue or snake bite hehehe..

It was reported to the Mexcian authorities, but as here in the US, so far nothing has been done. Today I am not sure which valley it is in.

17* 40' 43.14 N, 89* 48' 03.23 W

Tropical Tramp

Attachments

• MayanTemple?.kml
    761 bytes · Views: 516

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
RealdeTayopa said:
HOLA: go relocate this Mayan temple that I found in 55-56. Gain fame and fortune, Malaria/Dengue or snake bite hehehe..

It was reported to the Mexcian authorities, but as here in the US, so far nothing has been done. Today I am not sure which valley it is in.

17* 40' 43.14 N, 89* 48' 03.23 W

Tropical Tramp
That is nice of you, Jose, to give away valuable treasure sites that you probably will not have time to search. I believe you, and I only wish I lived closer to you. I will copy this page and save it, even though I will never make it out that way. Take care amigo.

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO Big one, my pleasure. Go relocate it.

Want more which I prob. will never have a chance or time to go to.?

For practice, I live here ---------27* 01' 28.24" N 108* 56' 03.92" W

Tropical Tramp

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=IrishCharlieM ]
I looked it up. But the image is extremely blurry.
Looks like it would be a nice place to get lost....LOL
But it also looks like you might need a chopper to get to it.

There isn't much in there even today, then there were no roads or towns. I presume that because of this, google didn't put the area in hi-definition.

Another that I will post, is the same way, but it will serve it's initial purpose.

You would need to send in a ground crew first to cut out a landing zone Irish.

That is some tough country. My partner and I spent 6 months in there living off of the country looking for thingies like this. fun.

Irish eh, hmmm, so am I

Tropical Tramp

IrishCharlieM

Oct 20, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Yeah it looks a little out there....But one could always rope drop in and have supplies dropped as well.

If only we could all just win a state lottery, And just spend the rest of our lives chasing our dreams...:-)

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jose,

That site is right near a couple of large rancheros; La Gloria and La Isla. There must be access somewhere. I found an overgrown roadway near there at 17* 41' 47.80" by 89* 55' 37.11" It looks like an old Mayan Road. Disappears and reappears every once in a while.

Mike

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gollum: HI I am definitely going to check that out. You must realize that there were no modern trails, roads or ranches in that area at that time, at least we never found any. There were no maps or aerial photos erc.

We were forced to live off of the country because all basic supplies were carried by us, and replenished whenever we ran across an Indian family or an isolated ranchito? It was an unknown territory then, now?

We had to shoot 3 Chachalacas or pigeons daily with our pistols for our protein, the jungle/country provided the rest --at times heheh.

P.S. 22 cal bullets were the medium of exchange, we carried 500 rnds each for food and trading purposes.

Tropical Tramp

Attachments

• Our Dinner on the Quntana Roo expedition.jpg
    Our Dinner on the Quntana Roo expedition.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 4,357

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a pic of the road. It almost due West of your site Jose:

Attachments

• Mayan Road 1.jpg
    Mayan Road 1.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 4,328
OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO Gallum: I love the man made Road (?) that runs diagonally from top to bottom in the center of your picture.

Sigh what we wouldn't have given for pictures like this back then.

Tropical Tramp

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI, you have far more detail than I do in Google??

Remember, we were cutting trail, hunting for food, water, and ruins and so were somewhat like ants in one respect, just going blindly more or less towards Quintana, Roo so I can easily be off many miles in that country.

We had no maps, but were going by memory and compass basically.

Some where I should still have a picture of it, it was completely covered with jungle growth. We did not disturb anything. It was a small one.

I always intended to go back with my own aircraft to see if I could relocate it from the air, but ----?.

Tropical Tramp

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have the same clarity. Mine's no different.

Just go to the Lat and Long I gave. I can't make out any structures. There may be, but unless you put boots on the ground, and do some heavy cutting, we'll never know.

Here is the road in relation to Jose's Coordinates.

Mike

Attachments

• Mayan Temple 2.jpg
    Mayan Temple 2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 4,372
OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HMM Gollum, you show what could be a Cenote just sourh of where the temple should be.

This is logical since they had to be estabished near a source of water.

I never saw that Cenote. Sheesh, see how much difference a satt photo makes?

Tropical Tramp

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on Doc,

I know you hate wearing them, but put on your glasses! ;D ;D ;D

The road goes from lower left to upper right. The only thing I see that resembles a structure, is the "C" shaped growth to the right and to the left of the road (See pic). Also look at the perfect circle (in red).

The only way you can tell if there is anything at all in all this forest and swamp is to find the straight lines, and rectilinear forms in tree growth.

About the possible cenote. I saw that too ands wondered if that's what it could be..

Mike

Attachments

• Mayan Road 1.jpg
    Mayan Road 1.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 4,307
  • Mayan Road 1.jpg
    Mayan Road 1.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 4,231
  • Mayan Road 2.jpg
    Mayan Road 2.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 4,258

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
RealdeTayopa said:
Gollum: HI I am definitely going to check that out. You must realize that there were no modern trails, roads or ranches in that area at that time, at least we never found any. There were no maps or aerial photos erc.

We were forced to live off of the country because all basic supplies were carried by us, and replenished whenever we ran across an Indian family or an isolated ranchito? It was an unknown territory then, now?

We had to shoot 3 Chachalacas or pigeons daily with our pistols for our protein, the jungle/country provided the rest --at times heheh.

P.S. 22 cal bullets were the medium of exchange, we carried 500 rnds each for food and trading purposes.

Tropical Tramp

Compadre,

You the real Indiana Jones!!!! Hehehehe :D :D

Tu amigo,

El Chagy.....

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jose,

Did you say that you had to shoot three Chakka Khans? ;D ;D

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions