What's new

Metal Detecting Gone Too Far???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidently they get requests since they are available.

Amazon.com sells dousing rods for $14.99, I can do the same thing with a free metal coat hanger or piece of wire, I located copper cables and water lines for years using that method..


That example is a bad one because there's no electronics in a dousing rod so there's every expectation it's the buyer using his mind... but with an electric device for thousands of dollars there certainly is some expectation it functions to serve the purpose. And being there's no one at Kellyco, or on this planet that can prove it works, that means it doesn't... and if it doesn't, well you know, that F word I had my post deleted for last time. Good to see threads like this, and maybe they'll come up in a search if the next idiot, or mentally ill person who has too much money, spends a minute to check these out.


Where's the rep from Kellyco to defend them? They would for any other product. That alone speaks volumes.
 
There is nothing to defend, they sell what they have a demand for.....

The maker OKM is a German manufacturing company offering treasure hunting products to sell, Kellyco is a retailer..
 
Last edited:
They sell what they can profit from, and the bigger(profit) the better.


The funny part is if you sold these out of a van for $100 two blocks away, they'd bust you in the first 30 minutes! ....bust you for a number of reasons, but one would be that it obviously does not work!
 
If people didn't buy it they would not sell it.And many would buy it because only a few can afford it.I have a friend that bought an etrac for what it cost not what it can do.His only md and has rarely touched it.
 
They sell what they can profit from, and the bigger(profit) the better.
It is called Capitalism

If you want to attack someone attack the manufacturer, not the retailer they are selling products they have a demand or call for...
 
Last edited:
They sell what they can profit from, and the bigger(profit) the better.

Those monsters.

In business to make money? Of all the nerve.
 
Yeah I love finding those ancient USB cables myself!
I KNOW! :wave:
The Mr found 6 dump truck loads of that ancient cable once, while building a new highway. ya gotta love progress....:laughing7:
The drivers all got a nice tip, the comp owner got a handful of money, we got a new used jeep. yep, life is good.

Just better hope they don't violate that sunshine law, we have here in Fl. :nono:
I gotta wonder how they gonna dig 80 meters/feet/whatever, in solid coral rock, without major machinery. :icon_scratch:
 
And you feel the same about chinese made clone detectors
If someone wants to sell them and others want to buy them that is their choice....

If a store sells books on Buddha or Islam I'm not going to attack the store selling them because I don't believe in either.....
 
And you feel the same about chinese made clone detectors

The Chinese may manufacture whatever they please, provided they do not misrepresent their product as the work of another company. At that point, they have committed the crime of fraud.

If this other detector manufacturer's claims are true, or if Kellyco believe them to be true, then there is neither a moral or ethical problem with Kellyco offering the detector for sale to satisfy a market demand.

If (and only if) Kellyco knows the claims to be false and continues to offer the product for sale, then Kellyco would be complicit in the fraud.

It is entirely conceivable however, that the performance claims (however incredulous they may seem to you) are true. There are many detection technologies which could be employed which would be able to detect metal targets at a range of 80ft. I would consider such technologies a little silly, given that I have no intention of digging 80ft holes. That said however, I'd have no objection to others buying or employing such technologies. That's their business, not mine.

If you have serious enough doubts about the product to purchase one, and then demonstrate the performance claims to be false, you would have a reasonable case for fraud on the part of the manufacturer.
 
The Chinese may manufacture whatever they please, provided they do not misrepresent their product as the work of another company. At that point, they have committed the crime of fraud.

If this other detector manufacturer's claims are true, or if Kellyco believe them to be true, then there is neither a moral or ethical problem with Kellyco offering the detector for sale to satisfy a market demand.

If (and only if) Kellyco knows the claims to be false and continues to offer the product for sale, then Kellyco would be complicit in the fraud.

It is entirely conceivable however, that the performance claims (however incredulous they may seem to you) are true. There are many detection technologies which could be employed which would be able to detect metal targets at a range of 80ft. I would consider such technologies a little silly, given that I have no intention of digging 80ft holes. That said however, I'd have no objection to others buying or employing such technologies. That's their business, not mine.

If you have serious enough doubts about the product to purchase one, and then demonstrate the performance claims to be false, you would have a reasonable case for fraud on the part of the manufacturer.

Its not up to me to prove them false, its up to them to prove them true. I have an F150 ford that gets 100 mpg wanna buy it and prove me wrong?
 
Its not up to me to prove them false, its up to them to prove them true.

Given that you've already declared the manufacturer's claims false (without any evidence whatsoever) I'd say that your opinion is irrelevant.

If someone buys the product from Kellyco and is satisfied with it, what business is it of yours?
 
IF that detector was actually capable of finding such items... and you were the inventor... you would never sell anyone else one... even at $35,000... it would be worth ten times that amount... and the first to buy it would be the millitary to find underground tunnels, bunkers et.
If I invented such a machine... my first clients would be gold ore mine companies.... not the public.
Sheesh if it is real... hope whoever buys that doesn't have a pacemaker. heh
 
Given that you've already declared the manufacturer's claims false (without any evidence whatsoever) I'd say that your opinion is irrelevant.

If someone buys the product from Kellyco and is satisfied with it, what business is it of yours?

There you are wrong. My opinion is never irrelevent to me
 
There you are wrong. My opinion is never irrelevent to me

An opinion is something one shares with others.

A thought is something on share with themselves.
 
Members wish to discuss the realities of specific detectors or manufacturer is fine, attacking and or bashing a company that supports TreasureNet because they sell a product they have a demand for is not.....
 
Members wish to discuss the realities of specific detectors or manufacturer is fine, attacking and or bashing a company that supports TreasureNet because they sell a product they have a demand for is not.....

I just placed a $800 order through Kelly Co a few days ago. So I don't have any problems with them. But one could argue that despite the "demand" for them isn't it their duty to educate people that such a machine is on par with claiming to sell a TARDIS?(Why dig when you can get it when it was made!)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom