Michigan Locations - Where are you Located????

InDetroit

May 25, 2010
Detroit
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cutlass II
Where are you Located????

In Detroit. Have been here most of my life. I lived with my Mom at Detroit's Parkside Projects in the early 70's. Was doing Urban Exploration in the city years before it was common and have been interested in detecting since I was a kid. Would buy "Treasure Found!" magazine..

tumbleinn2

Apr 24, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
WHITE"S SPECTRA V3i d2 coil 6x10 coil 5.3 coil super 12 surfmaster II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlevoix, here for me. I water and land hunt. Always ready to go on a hunt drop me a pm and lets find the goodies!!

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Live in Norton Shores. Used a Bounty Hunter for many years. Just picked up a Whites DFX and anxious to get out there and give it a try. Detect the New Mexico desert every winter and have many great finds. This years best was a Barber half dollar, 1908 and very good condition and a mans gold ring date on the inside May17-16 with initials. Also many 19 teens military items.

RES283

Tenderfoot
Apr 2, 2011
Southgate, Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Southgate, south east Michigan. New to Md's. have wanted one since I was a kid, finally got one. At Pro. Got it Tuesday, was hoping for some halfway decent weather this weekend. No such luck! 10 year old grandson is almost as excited as me.

Looking for someone to do this with on weekends, pm or email. Bob

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey everybody, sure am glad the ice is gone! Can't wait to get in the water and find some GOLD!! Live near Marcellus, which is about 25 miles sw of Kazoo.

I've attached a picture of the pirate barge and some local depositors, just to put a grin on your face! Looking to get a Jolly Roger so we can fly the colors while pileaging!

HH & here comes Summer, Hooray!

Steve :-)

Attachments

• resized.jpg
    resized.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 328
  • pirate barge in action.JPG
    pirate barge in action.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 334

dennisj

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2008
Saline, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Compass Magnum, 705 mine lab
Primary Interest:
Other
Saline near Ann Arbor. I'm waiting for Kellyco to ship my Mine Lab 705 so I can get out there. The old compass just does not get it any more.

Just got the mine lab today put it together and now it is raining just my luck

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kaptainkosmic said:
Hey everybody, sure am glad the ice is gone! Can't wait to get in the water and find some GOLD!! Live near Marcellus, which is about 25 miles sw of Kazoo.

I've attached a picture of the pirate barge and some local depositors, just to put a grin on your face! Looking to get a Jolly Roger so we can fly the colors while pileaging!

hello and nice pics....was that one intentional with the sign in the bottom left corner? I was trying to figure out what it could possibly say :laughing7:

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dennisj said:
Saline near Ann Arbor. I'm waiting for Kellyco to ship my Mine Lab 705 so I can get out there. The old compass just does not get it any more.
hello and welcome....hope you like that minelab...I know I love mine!....lookin forward to your finds!

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
postalgriff said:
kaptainkosmic said:

hello and nice pics....was that one intentional with the sign in the bottom left corner? I was trying to figure out what it could possibly say :laughing7:

Dude I'm not even close to that talented with a camera, though now that you point it out it, I did get a grin :-)
Here is a picture of the complete sign. It says

NO Glass
Allowed on Beach

Taken at a club fellowowship hunt in 2008

Attachments

• beachview 2 resized.jpg
    beachview 2 resized.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 848

Trapper Buck

Jan 6, 2011
Hello from the Garden peninsula!Taking my Garret out tomorrow for the first hunt of the 2011 season on a old portage site.

Aaleck

Dec 29, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New member here. :)

I'm in Traverse City. Began metal detecting as a kid, really enjoyed it, and ever since I wanted to start again and finally just recently I bought myself a Garrett Ace 350 for a starter detector. Would really like to get some buddies to go out with.

Nps Mason

Tenderfoot
Jul 24, 2011
MT
Detector(s) used
tesorro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gr8 Copper Country here! Way up in the UP!

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's see... Bouncing back and between from the Montcalm County, to the Macomb County! Warthog, we need to get together, and go on a search brother!

Sluice

CACHEHNTR

Jan 25, 2006
Hibbing, Mn
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hillman in Montmorency county now. I used to live in the U.P. and have recently moved south to the Northern lower :) Been a member here for several years don't post much but am hoping to change that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread