What's new

Michigan Locations - Where are you Located????

New guy here. Dorr, just south of Grand Rapids.
 
Hello to all from Chesterfield Mi.
 
Moved to Clarkston last year. Sadly, the detectors have been in storage ever since. Hopefully will research some places to hunt soon.
 
Just wanted to say hello form Climax, MI. :laughing7: It's between Battle Creek and Kalamazoo, wish everyone a good year of hunting. :hello:
 
FlatRock (wayne co.), but willing to go anywhere in the state, for example; 2hr. dr. or less-1 day hunt; 2+hr. dr.-camp 1 night/hunt 2 days; 10+hrs. dr.-(UP.etc), camp 4-7 nights/hunt5-8 days, etc.
 
I am in the Muskegon area (west side of state).
 
Hi Mark. New to this whole hobby/career. Living in the Alden area. Been doing most of our looking around our family home. Doesn't seem to be a very exciting place. Daughter loves doing it though and would everyday if she could. Good luck and have a Happy Easter!!
 
Aaleck:
We are new to this but live close to TC and would love to find some people to go with or at least give us some advice. Our 10 year old daughter is very excited about this new hobby and it's actually her metal detector that we got her for Christmas that we are using.
 
I am in the Muskegon area (west side of state).

Hello Sturrat
Welcome to Treasure Net.
I see a lot of folks have posted that they are from Muskegon Mich Area.
I wonder how many are still here?
I am from Holton Mich, just a little North East of Muskegon.

The Muskegon and surrounding area has a lot of History.
I just learned a few weeks ago that Holton was an Indian Reservation back in the day.
How long have you been metal detecting? I see you are hunting with an Explorer, they are a good machine.
 
Gladstone, Mi. Small town of about 5,000 people in the Upper Peninsula. Right on Little Bay de Noc.
 
Whitehall

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 
I'm from Flint, Genesee County. Anybody that wants someone to hunt with that is kind of close to Flint, send me a message.
 
K Zack said:
Hi Neighbor,
I am from Holton
Kevin

Hello

Just getting started with a new hobbie. Any good finds in the area

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 
Hello

Just getting started with a new hobbie. Any good finds in the area

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Sure, right out side of your back door.
Duck Lake.
Part of it is Federal land and part of it is Township land.
We have hunted it all in the past but it is a huge area.
The Federal side you are Not supposed to hunt but we asked the Forest Warden that had control of the area before and he did not care.
He has now Retired so I don.t know if it can be hunted anymore.
Duck Lake also had a Saw Mill, it was just North of the Bridge buried under the sand dune, and also had 1 of the first Trading Posts in the area.
I was over there a week ago and the water level in lake Michigan was down so it pushed in way to much sand on the Big Lake side.
I see on another post that you are looking for Old Mills. In just the Holton area there were 17 Mills in 1900, some I have found, some I can not find yet.
I don't find many coins at the old mill sites, lots of old Iron.
I have found 4 Walkers at Duck Lake, It is a Good place to hunt.
Do you hunt the water or just dry Land?
Happy Hunting and Welcome to the Net.
Kevin
 
K Zack said:
Sure, right out side of your back door.
Duck Lake.
Part of it is Federal land and part of it is Township land.
We have hunted it all in the past but it is a huge area.
The Federal side you are Not supposed to hunt but we asked the Forest Warden that had control of the area before and he did not care.
He has now Retired so I don.t know if it can be hunted anymore.
Duck Lake also had a Saw Mill, it was just North of the Bridge buried under the sand dune, and also had 1 of the first Trading Posts in the area.
I was over there a week ago and the water level in lake Michigan was down so it pushed in way to much sand on the Big Lake side.
I see on another post that you are looking for Old Mills. In just the Holton area there were 17 Mills in 1900, some I have found, some I can not find yet.
I don't find many coins at the old mill sites, lots of old Iron.
I have found 4 Walkers at Duck Lake, It is a Good place to hunt.
Do you hunt the water or just dry Land?
Happy Hunting and Welcome to the Net.
Kevin

Thanks for the info. Plan on doing both land and water. Getting ready to order an AT Pro so I can use it for both. Wanting to find coins and iron. Mainly logging camp artifacts and cooking tools ( I was a cook in the Navy for 20 yrs) wanting to start a collection. Once I get going maybe we will run into each other.

Thanks

Dan

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 
Hello fellow Michiganders from Lexington.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom