What's new

Military pin - should be easy

mile-ender

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2009
Messages
472
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lower Canada
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey y'all :hello:
Wondering about this pin here. Dug it up about May or so. I'm guessing WWII but couldn't find anything myself....so I turn to the experts :notworthy:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0120.webp
    IMG_0120.webp
    42.4 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_0121.webp
    IMG_0121.webp
    57.7 KB · Views: 288
Well, it looks like a Russian T-34 or maybe the T-54/55......more later.
 

Attachments

  • Tank_badge.webp
    Tank_badge.webp
    8.6 KB · Views: 237
Upvote 0
I think it is a tank forces badge. It resembles the Post WW1 Russian medal so it's more than likely Russian.
 
Upvote 0
:hello:

I think it's a 1st Polish Armoured Anti-Tank Regiment Badge :P

SS
 

Attachments

  • Polish-1st-Armd-Div-Badge.webp
    Polish-1st-Armd-Div-Badge.webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 274
  • tank.webp
    tank.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 251
Upvote 0
Ah! I can explain the feathers...
 

Attachments

  • Winged.webp
    Winged.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 189
  • Winged-2.webp
    Winged-2.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 174
Upvote 0
That tank had a massive 155 gun barrel when fired it backed the tank up 5 feet tremendous fire power the only problem was the rest of the tank was to thin no armor , the Soviet Union produced that tank back in 1940 for Poland , Joseph Stalin wanted the armor for his own tanks the T-54 , i was on one of those tanks in a German tank museum , also i spent my military years in a Armored Div. Nice military pin :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
The unit was active between 1942 and 1947. The division was formed as part of the I Polish Corps In the early stages the division was stationed in Scotland and guarded approximately 200 kilometres of British coast.
 
Upvote 0
See! I knew you guys wouldn't disappoint.
You all freakin' rock :headbang:
:hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

I think it's a 1st Polish Armoured Anti-Tank Regiment Badge :P

SS
I logged in just to say thats a great ID. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

I think it's a 1st Polish Armoured Anti-Tank Regiment Badge :P

SS
I logged in just to say thats a great ID. :icon_thumright:
Thanks :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom