What's new

Mind over matter

spartacus53

Banned
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
10,624
Reaction score
1,074
Golden Thread
0
Location
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've actually spent the last weeks weeks studying an interesting book, "How The Mind Works", by Steven Pinker. The book gives great insight on how the brian is wired and basically what makes us tick.

Most interesting are the chapters that relate to controlling your body through your mind. You've heard stories wherein people have made pain vanish by concentrating on the area until the pain subsides. Well I have to admit, that and other things really do work when you put your mind to it


Through concentration, I can now raise and lower my cholesterol at will. :headbang:

Why would I want to raise my cholesterol? :dontknow:

So I can lower it :laughing9:
 
mind over matter
nah, bunch of crappola

other than mind over matter to not eat that twinkie to lose a lb.
mind over matter to quit smoking
etc

wait, that is willpower LOL
are they the same?
 
lonesomebob said:
Hey Spart, spell check didnt work on your brian/brain. hehehe

YOu know I could go back and modify that, but I won't... Right now I'm concentrating on my dyslexic writing and have it under control :headbang:

Brain power :laughing9: It can work for you too.... Well maybe :dontknow: :laughing9:

Soon enough I will be controlling the world and everyone will "Respect my authority."

 
how do you know I am not controlling you right now


hmmm....(think hard, think hard, concentrate) make Spart cluck like a chicken and flap his arms



(did it work?)
 
:headbang:

we gotta get a video!
 
Wait a minute....the mind is matter, correct? :icon_scratch:
 
bigscoop Geez, thanks a lot... Now I'll have to read that book again :laughing7:
 
There's are alot of matter in the mind! :icon_scratch:
 
matter; (from Websters) "....the substance of anything."
Break a leg. Does it matter, or is it just broken matter? Heck, can it matter? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:
 
Wait a minute....the mind is matter, correct?
There's are alot of matter in the mind!
Does it matter, or is it just broken matter? Heck, can it matter?
If it mattered, was it reproducing?
I see much confusion here! :icon_scratch:

I believe the phrase goes;
If you don't mind, then it don't matter! :laughing7:
 
pat-tekker-cat said:
Wait a minute....the mind is matter, correct?
There's are alot of matter in the mind!
Does it matter, or is it just broken matter? Heck, can it matter?
If it mattered, was it reproducing?
I see much confusion here! :icon_scratch:

I believe the phrase goes;
If you don't mind, then it don't matter! :laughing7:
Quote from WWE, The Rock. "It doesn't MATTER what you think"! :tongue3:
 
pat-tekker-cat said:
Wait a minute....the mind is matter, correct?
There's are alot of matter in the mind!
Does it matter, or is it just broken matter? Heck, can it matter?
If it mattered, was it reproducing?
I see much confusion here! :icon_scratch:

I believe the phrase goes;
If you don't mind, then it don't matter! :laughing7:

"Matter of fact..." My GOD,....I'VE GOT MULTIPLE KEYBOARD MARKS ON MY FOREHEAD AGAIN! :help:
 
poorhunter78 said:
pat-tekker-cat said:
Wait a minute....the mind is matter, correct?
There's are alot of matter in the mind!
Does it matter, or is it just broken matter? Heck, can it matter?
If it mattered, was it reproducing?
I see much confusion here! :icon_scratch:

I believe the phrase goes;
If you don't mind, then it don't matter! :laughing7:
Quote from WWE, The Rock. "It doesn't MATTER what you think"! :tongue3:

Now that, as a matter of fact, really is confusing! :laughing7:
 
texastee2007 said:
bigscoop said:
pat-tekker-cat said:
Wait a minute....the mind is matter, correct?
There's are alot of matter in the mind!
Does it matter, or is it just broken matter? Heck, can it matter?
If it mattered, was it reproducing?
I see much confusion here! :icon_scratch:

I believe the phrase goes;
If you don't mind, then it don't matter! :laughing7:

"Matter of fact..." My GOD,....I'VE GOT MULTIPLE KEYBOARD MARKS ON MY FOREHEAD AGAIN! :help:

“If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.”

Well sure, but that's all just a frame of mind, right? :icon_scratch:
 
texastee2007 said:
bigscoop said:
texastee2007 said:
bigscoop said:
pat-tekker-cat said:
Wait a minute....the mind is matter, correct?
There's are alot of matter in the mind!
Does it matter, or is it just broken matter? Heck, can it matter?
If it mattered, was it reproducing?
I see much confusion here! :icon_scratch:

I believe the phrase goes;
If you don't mind, then it don't matter! :laughing7:

"Matter of fact..." My GOD,....I'VE GOT MULTIPLE KEYBOARD MARKS ON MY FOREHEAD AGAIN! :help:

“If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.”

Well sure, but that's all just a frame of mind, right? :icon_scratch:

“What others say of me matters little; what I myself say and do matters much.” please read like you are saying it to yourself...
I got a bunch of these should I KEEP GOING...lol

Lord NO! I already have strange fluids draining from my ears! :laughing7:
 
texastee2007 said:
bigscoop said:
texastee2007 said:
bigscoop said:
pat-tekker-cat said:
Wait a minute....the mind is matter, correct?
There's are alot of matter in the mind!
Does it matter, or is it just broken matter? Heck, can it matter?
If it mattered, was it reproducing?
I see much confusion here! :icon_scratch:

I believe the phrase goes;
If you don't mind, then it don't matter! :laughing7:

"Matter of fact..." My GOD,....I'VE GOT MULTIPLE KEYBOARD MARKS ON MY FOREHEAD AGAIN! :help:

“If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.”

Well sure, but that's all just a frame of mind, right? :icon_scratch:

“What others say of me matters little; what I myself say and do matters much.” please read like you are saying it to yourself...
I got a bunch of these should I KEEP GOING...lol
My MATTER must not matter! Even if it did! would it really matter?
 
We need a campfire for this to continue. :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom