Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Au, Bob, I am an unabashed gun lover. Recieved my first one, a winchester 30-30 carbine for my 12th birthday. My ole grandpapy stood by very disapprovingly, and said " yer teaching the kid to go down in a hail of gunfire on some Bankstep"--- he as slightly wrong since I have been in the military and law enforcement work,except for my exploring,, where it played a critical part in keeping me here.:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

I remember being about 7-8 years with with GGGF and a Stevens Crackshot 22, he tore on enevelope if half and stuck it on old tree in front yard, about 20 yards away.
He said, Boy, you think you can shoot?, yessir, I know which end the bullet comes out of, Lets see you shoot that target. OK, says I, Load and fire, hit it, tear in half, shoot again, and shoot again,and again, ended up with about a postage stamp piece left, he said, boy, that gun fits you, when i pass on, I want you to have it. I still have it, and all my boys have shot it. For those who don't know, it is a single shot 22, 22 short ammo, and he fed the family for years with it. Dollar wise, it ain't worth much, memory wise, Priceless.
-Weekender

Happy Father's Day to all !!!

G'd morning, The mangos are IN, drool. I have 5 - 7 every moning, I have finally learned how to eat then one slice down each side, then three cuts on each sde of the sliced off halves pop the halves inside out, and you have six delicious segments to skoff..
course ya have to wash your face after wards, but it is worth it. That and coffee ( sock ) coffee starts te day then ready for breakfast

Side thingy, I was barred yesterday with the periodic password checking and lost my status for 24 hrs, I just casualy noticed i revision that I m listed as being born i 19-- ??? that should be Oct 3,1923, how do I change it??[/QUOTE Amigo,before you try to figure it out, what kind of rock is it on, cant be paper:laughing7: and are you sure it says 1923, not 1823, have some burro juice. you will see things more clearer.:hello:NP:cat:

Happy Father's Day to all of Us and God Bless to you all.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Ah the difference between shooting with a rifle(even a 22) and a shotgun. My brother and I went out with 16 guage shotguns and my brother kept missing when he shot. He got so mad about it that when he saw a sparrow in a sage brush he shot at it. It was so close that the smoke from the shot went into the bush. When the smoke cleared, there was about 3 branches left and the sparrow was still setting on one of them. The sparrow then flew away. Later he saw a whole flock of sparrows flying over head. "I'll get one now". He shot almost straight up and watched as the sparrows opened up and watch the shot pass by all of them. On the way back home he had a dove take off and he turned and fired from the hip and dropped it. "Why didn't you tell me to shoot from the hip?" LOL Shotguns you shoot the ring. Rifles you aim dead at the target. I visited him at Fort Useless(as he called it) in Virginia for Thanksgiving one year and his wife was going to the BX to get more groceries for dinner. I saw a "Turkey Shoot" and asked her to drop me off. They had 2 shotguns that all were using. I watched one as it was being shot to watch the pattern that it shot. They asked me if I wanted to use the other one and I said I would wait for the other. Paper targets letter sized with a 2X2 inch square in the center. They would count the holes in the square for who would win a turkey. I aimed to the right and high to the target and ran the shot ring from bottom left to top right and shredded the square. They gave me a receipt for a turkey that I gave his wife when she came back and picked me up.

Amigo's and Amigo-ettes,:coffee2: This morning I started cooking another one of my favorites, I made a big pot of pinto beans cooked with pork shoulder,after cooking for about two hours I let it settle while I made some fried potatoes and onion, and some fresh corn bread and peppers. now, I am going to sit down and have my dinner, pinto beans with pork shoulder and fried potatoes and onions,and corn bread, with a tall glass of cold milk,and :coffee2: :hello:mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm np:cat:

Amigo's and Amigo-ettes,:coffee2:,I remember one particular night in the mnts after making a fire, I went to gather more fire wood when I noticed all these different colored lights in the sky, I made my way back to camp and started cooking some chicken lips and a$$ holes,you know, some hot dogs, before long three aliens:alien::alien::alien:showed up ,I invited them comfort around my fire, and share some burro juice:coffee2: and some food,one of the aliens popped off and said what is this crap, I looked at the other two aliens and said who the hell is this guy,I have never seen him before in my life, how rood he was.:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::hello:NP:cat:

Yoda and Aliens.png

Ah the difference between shooting with a rifle(even a 22) and a shotgun. My brother and I went out with 16 guage shotguns and my brother kept missing when he shot. He got so mad about it that when he saw a sparrow in a sage brush he shot at it. It was so close that the smoke from the shot went into the bush. When the smoke cleared, there was about 3 branches left and the sparrow was still setting on one of them. The sparrow then flew away. Later he saw a whole flock of sparrows flying over head. "I'll get one now". He shot almost straight up and watched as the sparrows opened up and watch the shot pass by all of them. On the way back home he had a dove take off and he turned and fired from the hip and dropped it. "Why didn't you tell me to shoot from the hip?" LOL Shotguns you shoot the ring. Rifles you aim dead at the target. I visited him at Fort Useless(as he called it) in Virginia for Thanksgiving one year and his wife was going to the BX to get more groceries for dinner. I saw a "Turkey Shoot" and asked her to drop me off. They had 2 shotguns that all were using. I watched one as it was being shot to watch the pattern that it shot. They asked me if I wanted to use the other one and I said I would wait for the other. Paper targets letter sized with a 2X2 inch square in the center. They would count the holes in the square for who would win a turkey. I aimed to the right and high to the target and ran the shot ring from bottom left to top right and shredded the square. They gave me a receipt for a turkey that I gave his wife when she came back and picked me up.

One of the first times hunting Quail, my dad loaned me his Sweet 16 shotgun. We had tons of quail out there and I each time I would get two or three. When I got home my dad asked why were they so shot up ? I said I don't know. I pulled out the box of shells he had given me and it turned out that the top 5 or six shells were "Deer Slugs". We had massive amount of deer and once a year my dad would get one, well, he forgot that he had the "slugs" on top. But hey, when I hit them, they were almost cleaned by the time they hit the ground. :tongue3:

Gracias Simo, yes, they used a multiple of 10 or it's subdivision. the concept is simple once you have broken down the clasifiers. The artivle states that they believe that it may be a form of writing, of course it is. Ya earned your coffee this morning. :coffee2::coffee2:

Au, Bob, I am an unabashed gun lover. Recieved my first one, a winchester 30-30 carbine for my 12th birthday. My ole grandpapy stood by very disapprovingly, and said " yer teaching the kid to go down in a hail of gunfire on some Bankstep"--- he as slightly wrong since I have been in the military and law enforcement work,except for my exploring,, where it played a critical part in keeping me here.:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:
I learned at the tender age of 9 that crows are not good to eat .

This morning as I was at the kitchen counter eating my fried eggs and fresh Mangoes, I found myself 'actually' looking at the person on the other side, my Bert. Instead of a slim 17 year old girl putting her life and happiness into my hands, me, a pennyiless adventure on my way to Brasil where I supposedly was to pick up a land grant, a gal who has stuck by me through the thick and the thin - and there has been both = she was now a matronly 70 + old woman, a little overweight, doppy boobs, thinning grey hair, and still with faith in me, I hope that I justified it.

I remembered some of the hard times, where I had to shoot dove and rabbits, catch Bass in our local resevoir, in order to have something to eat, and the times where she happily spent over $ 100,000 on our son, other times when she spent $ 50,000 on our grandson etc. she is a family orientated gal.

I also remembered times where her life literally was at stake due to one of my adventures,, and she again came through with flying colors. She only worried about 'me'..

Through it all, she has been 'MY Bert'. WE have't been apart in the last 10 years for a single day - anyoe else but my Bert and you would have had a terrific case of Cabin fever, she has proven to be a gem.

When I frst found out just how young she actually she was (I was 32) I almost called it off, then my mother stepped in and said "nonsense, by the time that she (me ) is 80 or 90 there is no practical difference." She was sooo right, I had a very wise and beautiful mother.

We had a grape vinyard in St Helena, Calif. a beautiful area, for some reson I still can't reason or understand, I left it to come backto Mexico Perhaps there is substance in that old saying "that once you have had the dust of Mexico settle on your heart, you cannot be comfortable any where else.

What all this means is that If I had it to do again, I couldn't have made a better choice. Frankly I love my Bert more than ever, for herself. not for sex. So times have passed , but then I am no longer as I was, and what's left is the true person - I was extremely fortunate to have her to share in my life, uncomplaimg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back